Can I get a SCOOBY?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JacobS

Reaction score
Anybody willing to send me an itty bitty baby? I'd be willing to cover a reasonable amt for postage...

Hello, I'm new to Kombucha and would like to try it out. Anyway someone would be able to send me a scoby? I will pay for it... at least the postage if that's all you need. Thanks! :)

I was wondering if growing a new SCOBY in a smaller jar then moving it to a bigger jar would help quicken the process of SCOBY development? Also, what is the best way to produce a thick, fairly uniform SCOBY? And can I use an old (cleaned) shirt as a cheese cloth to cover the jar, or will that not provide enough ventilation?

Any advice on growing a healthy SCOBY from scratch is welcomed. Thanks.

Hey! I've been looking for a few large healthy kombucha SCOBYs to start brewing in 2 gallon jars. I was wondering if it were possible for you to send me some uncontaminated and vibrant scobys that I can start using right away. I can cover postage and whatever you feel would be necessary. Let me know.

Thanks, Tony

I have some scobys as well. They are really easy to develop yourself, if you all have time, tea, sugar, and a bottle of kombucha.

It looks like there are a few people here who have scobys, and a few that are looking for them. I haven't received any PMs, but if anyone is looking for one, PM me, or any of the others that offered theirs. I usually "retire" my old scobys in the mulch bin, but I'm sure they would be happier to go to someone who would use them for something other than mulch.

I made a smaller scoby then used it in a larger container, I think it took longer. I make the scoby the size of what my tea will be in. You can do it though you just end up with an odd looking scoby

Check on eBay there is a guy in Maine that sells great scobies

Back