My trashcan refreshment dispenser

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VaBrewer

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Well,

I am going to the beach for a week and didn't want to haul the keezer along so after seeing quite a few of these on here I figured what the heck. The taps aren't in yet, crossing my fingers for tomorrow. I will update with more pics as I progress.

image-3118630815.jpg

image-1085929099.jpg

image-3362849151.jpg

image-3172415809.jpg

built one of these the other week, for my buddies wedding (i know classy right? but it was the after reception party)

we can get 3 kegs in it, put two taps on it and a picnic tap inside.

on a side not if you live in the San Diego area i have a used once Trashcan Dispenser for sale, includes taps, beer lines, gas lines and regulator.

PM me for picture, cost me like 200 to build, will part with it for 180. ;)

Yeah, I added a drain. I have lined it with 3/4" styrofoam so hopefully the ice will keep it nice and cold for a good while. I'm planning on keeping it inside if I can.

I'm headed to Outer Banks, NC - Hatteras Island.

Yeah, I added a drain. I have lined it with 3/4" styrofoam so hopefully the ice will keep it nice and cold for a good while. I'm planning on keeping it inside if I can.

I'm headed to Outer Banks, NC - Hatteras Island.

The styrofoam will help...but if it's full of meltwater...the trash can will still sweat like crazy (I'm assuming you're throwing ice in it)

Just something to keep in mind when locating it.

Yeah,

This thing is awesome, for a day or two. After that, feeding it ice gets to be a pain.
It was eating 60 lbs a day, and that's with the 3/4" styrofoam insulation on the inside.
I have to look into a better way to insulate this better.

Back