The Gingerman in downtown Dallas, TX.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cbarber

Reaction score
If you have a chance to go there, do it. They have 70 beers on tap! They also have tons more in bottle. They have darts and upstairs has some comfy leather couches. Nice place.

The Gman has been my favorite spot since the mid-90s. I spent many paychecks there as a single man. Dated a barmaid there, watched Ellen go off and found the Old Monk, etc.

Cigar friendly and dog friendly when it's not crowded.

On weekend nights it's a chaotic meat market, though. That's why my favorite time is early afternoon on Sunday. It's got a real neighboorhood pub feel then.

Mmm, I'll have to pay this place a visit when I come to Dallas next month =]

My ranking of metroplex beer bars is...

4. Flying Saucer - Addison
3. Ginger Man - Dallas
2. Flying Saucer - Fort Worth
1. Ginger Man - Fort Worth

I like the atmosphere in the Fort Worth locations better, and since I lived in Fort Worth for a while, I know the bartenders at those better also. Much more laid back even on the weekends. I spend most of my money at Ginger Man in Dallas now since it's only 15 minutes away, Flying Saucer in Addison is too uptowny for me. I also like to go to Humperdinks when there's a game on, but they're not really a beer bar, just a restaurant that makes it's own beer.

Visiting my brother in Irving brought the wonderful Gingerman into my life. We went there twice in one weekend on my incessant suggestion. I often sit in my classroom in Central California and think fondly of the GM.

My ranking of metroplex beer bars is...

4. Flying Saucer - Addison
3. Ginger Man - Dallas
2. Flying Saucer - Fort Worth
1. Ginger Man - Fort Worth

Man I miss living in a place where the Flying Saucer in Addison gets ranked 4th. Am I the only one that misses Ben's? (It had the added benefit of being close to school and cigar friendly:D )

Back