Local beer swap-o-rama!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DrPhunk said:
Finally got mine opened up! Pretty extreme packaging for cans, but they definitely all made it unscathed :eek:nestar:

The only one I have seen before is Ozzy and that was just from a friend on untappd because it stuck out as being an awesome can. I look forward to finding out more about them while I drink them :mug:

Glad they all made it there in good shape. Yeah I'm not afraid of a little extra bubble wrap. No idea how that box is being handled from the time I let go until it hits your doorstep.

Hope you enjoy them. Cheers!

Also glad they all made it LovesIPA. Now I can relax and wait for mine! I meant to include a note with a little tidbit on each brew but forgot to pack it. My two favorites in this shipment for IPA's are Fat Heads Head Hunter and Lavery Dulachan. Look forward to hearing how you like them! Cheers.

ForumRunner_20130605_144409.png

ForumRunner_20130605_144420.jpg

ForumRunner_20130605_144433.jpg

The brown from Half Acre, WOW! That's one hell of a good beer. I kind of wish I wasn't heading to VT this week/weekend so I could enjoy more of these.

Direct hit! Thanks a ton LovesIPA! Cannot wait to try some of these.

Busting your b's a little but I was a little shocked that everything made it in one piece!

All bombers too!

image-3471700039.jpg

Direct hit! Thanks a ton LovesIPA! Cannot wait to try some of these.

Busting your b's a little but I was a little shocked that everything made it in one piece!

Yeah... that's what I meant when I said I got a lesson in how to pack beer! When I opened yours I realized that I should have done a better job packing. I was already prepared to send out a couple replacements.

Glad it got there! The Track 7 IPA is one of my favorites.

There may be more lessons to be had. Apparently mine was 'damaged' by FedEx and was supposed to be delivered today but is in lingo. First time shipping anything like this quantity and I'm thinking the box was kind of tight but everything was shrink wrapped 2x around or more and then another layer or wrap and the a couple sixer boxes on top and bottom.

Anyone ever deal with a exemption from FedEx? I'll make it right either way but I'm so po'd that it didn't get to someone who really deserves it today.

LovesIPA said:
Yeah... that's what I meant when I said I got a lesson in how to pack beer! When I opened yours I realized that I should have done a better job packing. I was already prepared to send out a couple replacements.

Glad it got there! The Track 7 IPA is one of my favorites.

Ha! Well at least you can enjoy the extras. Thanks again. Will let you know when I get to sample them.

There may be more lessons to be had. Apparently mine was 'damaged' by FedEx and was supposed to be delivered today but is in lingo. First time shipping anything like this quantity and I'm thinking the box was kind of tight but everything was shrink wrapped 2x around or more and then another layer or wrap and the a couple sixer boxes on top and bottom.

Anyone ever deal with a exemption from FedEx? I'll make it right either way but I'm so po'd that it didn't get to someone who really deserves it today.

They will update it eventually....they will either still deliver it, ship it back to you, or worst case...discard the box. Lets hope for the best!

I read up on some threads here and ship frequently (not beer). Think the prob may have been box size. I didn't want to go too big with almost 24 lbs worth of goodies so the one I used was just right. Also I bought the ziplock bags to put them in but ended up forgetting that step. Szit

Just got my package from jaydog!!! The beer looks fantastic and the descriptions he gave for each beer are awesome thanks for including it. I can't wait to try them but will probably have to post pics tomorrow night since I got a late meeting and presentation to prepare.

Also your packaging was awesome as well =]

Just got my package from jaydog!!! The beer looks fantastic and the descriptions he gave for each beer are awesome thanks for including it. I can't wait to try them but will probably have to post pics tomorrow night since I got a late meeting and presentation to prepare for than have to run to a freaking sleep clinic overnight to see if I have sleep apneia.

Also your packaging was awesome as well =]

Sweet glad it's in safe hands now. Enjoy!!

Keep an eye on the thread, ill announce before I create the next one. That way everyone knows to keep an eye out. It will be first come first serve for joining. We will have more people next time though, so joining should be easier.

Hey .Jer.

I would love to get my hands on some NEBC goodies.

If you're interested in a trade, let me know!

So just an update. The last package was shipped today. There will be one delivered tomorrow. And there are two that broke and are being reshipped. If I have not sent you a pm with info about your shipment please let me know.

Everyone enjoy your new beer this weekend!

Uh yeah. So I got my package today and almost sh-t myself. AWESOME. I'll be posting a pic later or tomorrow since I've got some brew related stuff to do to prepare for brew day tomorrow. Thank you very much Sal.

On a side note I feel so much worse that mine was one of the damaged ones but I know it's gonna be right in the end.

awesome glad it got their safely! I hope you enjoy all those... obviously the best will be Pliny along with the Simtra imo. The moosedrol is an amazing brown ale...the best to me but the pack I bought seems to be off. =( i brought a few over a friends house and it was not as good as I remember it. All those beers are great though. I hope you enjoy them :ban:

I got this package on Wednesday I think. Thank you so much Jaydog! such a beautiful package. I have had the Gumball head as pictured which I found absolutely amazing. Just finished the snake IPA which was real nice and am in the middle of the the yellow capped home brew which is awesome. Nice malt profile with a new yeast flavor in the background great stuff thanks man.

DSC_0326.jpg

DSC_0331.jpg

Nice looking keezer, Zama

thanks I'm really happy with how the stain turned out it spent a lot of time staining and laqouring it than steel wooling it to keep it smooth as can be. My miter angles were horrible so the collar is off some if you look closely.

everyone receive their package? when will the next round start?

Not yet. I thought about starting up the next. But I think its best to wait till everyone gets their package before starting another. I don't want us to get focused on a second swap and lose track of the fact that this one isn't complete. I would be fine moving on to the next if it was just my package we are waiting on, but there are two packages to other members still in the process. One will be delivered tomorrow and the other had a busted box that has yet to reship. I am hoping for an update soon.

Someone has a delivery for today! He knows who he is. Hopefully he has time to post a pic of it!

Latest posts

Back