Sam Adams Cranberry Lambic

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is not a lambic. It is in my top five most vile beverages of all time. Unbelievably, there are people who like and even love this beer. They are sad souls and I pity them. However, they say there is a sucker born every second.

I wasn't so naive as to think it actually was lambic. A brewery of that size could never keep up the quality. But wow. This is disgusting.

If it's anywhere near as bad as their Cherry Wheat, I hope you didn't buy a whole sixer.

True dat. Absolutely foul. I have three Cherry Wheats in the cheap-and-domestic fridge, and there ain't no one who will touch 'em.

That seems to be a love-it-or-hate-it beer, with no middle ground, and most people hating it. SWMBO(who loves Belgian Pale Ales and Trappists), my neighbor(and fellow homebrewer), and I all hate it, and yet another neighbor loves it and wishes that it was available in 6-pack form.

I've never had it, but I hate Lambics anyway, and I can't imagine this would be any better tasting. Wait, I thought this was about their Cranberry Wit... Oh I'm confused. Now I'm not sure which one is worse.

probably one of the worst beers I've ever had.

i don't know how they get away with labeling it as a lambic.

i used to hate that it came in the winter mix pack, now i just don't give a sh*t because everything else in that pack turned to garbage.

haha I have a cherry wheat in the downstairs fridge and a Cranberry lambic in the upstairs fridge. Nobody will drink either one. I agree they tie for the worst beer's I've ever drank.

I got one of their holiday samplers last year, and just threw out the last of the cranberry lambics last week. Having that in their sampler means I simply will not buy another one of their sampler cases. I am not going to pay for beer I know full well in advance I am going to have to pitch. That is alcohol abuse.

If it's anywhere near as bad as their Cherry Wheat, I hope you didn't buy a whole sixer.

No KIDDING... I have a friend that LOVES that crap to the point that it is the only beer he keeps in his house. So of course, it's "You want a beer?"... nasty.

This year's Holiday Porter was VERY quaffable... the Fezziwig was efinitely off this year tho. Almost no aroma, it was weird...

yeah, the holiday porter is the only ale in the winter pack that I liked.

Screw sam adams for making ****ty beer in bottles that are easy to delabel for the homebrewer......

This year's Holiday Porter was VERY quaffable... the Fezziwig was efinitely off this year tho. Almost no aroma, it was weird...

holiday porter wasn't as bad, but it was much better in earlier years.

Something went terribly wrong with Fezziwig this year. NO aroma, no head, no...anything. It was like they took their winter lager (which is suffering this year as well) and darkened it a bit.

the lack of aroma was what killed me. i thought I just had a plugged nose; but my wife said the same thing.

I'm with you guys also, 1 mouthful and it was assigned to the missus...not for me. Although, i'm not a huge fan of fruit beers to start with - was looking forward to the porter.

I have found that several sam adams brews are different this year for some reason. The first was the octoberfest. Wasn't quite as malty as it has been in the past.

The largest change though was the cranberry lambic. I had one sitting in the fridge from last year and it was slightly sour, had a nice cranberry taste and kinda tasted like a mixed drink almost.

This year it tastes like maple syrup. No sour, No cranberry. Very weird. I will still drink them though . . . .

Back