Hops charts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jayfro21

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knew of a good concise chart(s) that showed which hop varieties are good for bittering, flavor, aroma, dry-hopping, etc. I have not been able to find something like this, and I feel hops are the one thing that I know pretty much nothing about when designing recipes. For some styles I know the "traditional" hops used, but seeing as there is a hop shortage I am always replacing hops for others. Thanks!

Jason

Another great resource is the Northern Brewer catalogue, believe it or not! They have a list of all the hops, region grown, suitability, and possible substitutions. I saved the catalogue because of that (and they had a similar write up of all the grains). If you go to their website, find the phone number and call, I'm sure they'll send you a catalogue.

YooperBrew said:
Another great resource is the Northern Brewer catalogue, believe it or not! They have a list of all the hops, region grown, suitability, and possible substitutions. I saved the catalogue because of that (and they had a similar write up of all the grains). If you go to their website, find the phone number and call, I'm sure they'll send you a catalogue.
I need to do that! I feel like a hop moron!:drunk:

clemson55 said:
If your worried about replacing this months Brew Your Own has a chart with every variety and acceptable subs for that variety.

Thanks! Whats funny is I just got my first magazine the day that I posted this. That is a very helpful chart!

Jason

Back