Help with icemaker install

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sudbuster

This ain't my first rodeo....
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Let me describe my situation. I have a chest freezer I use for hops storage. Also, I have been freezing small plastic bottles of water to load into a dedicated cooler-pump setup to bring the wort down to lager pitch temp. Due to the thermal inefficiency of this system, I've been considering the installation of an ice maker in this freezer since it is running anyway for the hops. Bagged ice is 12 miles away one way and costs 2.70/ 10 lbs.

Now, my question, to those of you that might know, is it feasible to epoxy some mounting strips to the inside of the freezer wall and bring any tubing and wiring down through the lid, thereby not endangering the integrity of the freezer?

Thanks in advance..:)

They make a square, sticky-backed mounting block made of plastic for Ty-Raps (zip-ties). While the adhesive on these is pretty good, I'm not sure about inside a freezer with possible condensation on the walls - BUT, epoxying them to the walls would probably give you a secure attachment point.

Here's an example - no affiliation, blah, blah, etc:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/T-B-TC-345-TY-RAP-Mounting-Blocks-Lot-25-/230617272019

Back