Dear WLP007

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBrewinator

Reaction score
Thank you for my first explosion. I had my usual blowoff rigged up and it managed to get plugged leading to my first bucket explosion. Good thing I ferment in my take on the son of fermentation chamber so it was contained. In the past 30 mins since I cleaned it all up, it has blown off another half gallon of crap, this yeast is a beast. I guess the good thing about it all is my basement smells of tasty hops now.

great yeast. similar to 002 taste but drier. learned my lesson with pitching a porter onto a yeast cake of this. now it is always in a 7.5 gallon bucket for 5 gallons and a blow off tube. was also the only yeast i had bottle bombs with over 3 yrs of brewing. fermented cooler 65 is clean fermented warmer 70 has more english esthers

ive always used 7.9 gallon fermenting buckets. no mater how big of a starter i make, ive never had one foam out of the airlock. i just made my first wlp007 beer, but fear i may have fermented too high. guess ill find out in a couple weeks!

Latest posts

Back