7-10 gallon Brew Kettle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkaBoneBenny

Reaction score
Where's the best place to get a good brew kettle? I'm switiching over to AG this summer and need to get a nice big Kettle. I guess, while I'm at it, where's a good place to get a Cajun Broiler. If I'm doing AG, it's gonna have to be outside. Oh, I'm excited already! :D
-Ben

Beermaker said:
get a sanke and cut the top out. it is 16 gallons, and you will appreciate the boiling room.
+1 if you can. otherwise I just bought a 10 gallon kettle from Morebeer.com and it's very nice, heavy duty and wide vs. tall which is nice.

Dan

I found a SS turkey frier at walmart... It's only like 7gal though.. Going to make the keggle soon.

I would go with at least a 12-14 gallon kettle at a minumum. Not sure if you plan on 5 or 10 gal batches but if you get bigger equipment then you can start off with 5 gal if you want and then you can move up to 10 and not have to spend much money. I am making the jump this weekends and went the sanke keg route. If you can find them they are awesome. But you need to finds a big burner with a big (wide) stand the one I bought I got cheap but ended up modifing it, to be able to fit the keg. Good luck

Latest posts

Back