Phase 1 control box and mounting arm .

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lehr

Reaction score
The start of my RIMS upgrade. Removable inner electrical panel to make it easier on my wiring guy and a swinging mount to make it compact when storing. Pat.
img160611.jpg

img160511.jpg

img1582111.jpg

img161381.jpg

img160721.jpg

img161491.jpg

img161051.jpg

img160941.jpg

Ok I have the control panel done and the heat sheilds/heat exchanger mounts done I just need to finish the wiring.
img1640u.jpg

img1639w.jpg

img1637z.jpg

img1644j.jpg

img1649i.jpg

img1653j.jpg

img1648b.jpg

Does anyone here make stickers I would like one for my control panel 3x8 that says mad fabricator brewing ?

Thanks Pat

I have it all done now and ran a water test run and it worked great it held temps perfect...Is my panel labeling too over the top ?
Pat.
img1661i.jpg

img1660j.jpg

img1659q.jpg

img1657v.jpg

img1662sl.jpg

Wow. I think I'm in love!

Great looking rig, and it seems like it would be very efficient and easy to use. I'm jealous as well as very impressed!

Thanks Yoop I just finished it last night I can't wait to brew with it, it will be nice to have the mash temp dead on the whole mash time with out messing with it at all.

Pat

Very nice.... Where did you get the switches from? Are they 120V or 12V flipping relays? I've been looking for some 120V/15A switches with that exact look, "RatShack" has some 120V/15A switches, but they're not that style.

Very nice.... Where did you get the switches from? Are they 120V or 12V flipping relays? I've been looking for some 120V/15A switches with that exact look, "RatShack" has some 120V/15A switches, but they're not that style.

They are 120v 20amp I got them at a electrical supply house.

Thanks Pat.

Pat
I am going to use the same RIMS tube (from freddyb), I'm curious about a few things.
Does the 1/2" tubing slip over the fittings on the rims tube well? What did you use for the thermocouple mounting? Can you post a pic of how you plumbed it? I am assuming a tee. Did you use the 2" RTD from Auber?
Thanks in advance,
-Ben

Pat
I am going to use the same RIMS tube (from freddyb), I'm curious about a few things.
Does the 1/2" tubing slip over the fittings on the rims tube well? What did you use for the thermocouple mounting? Can you post a pic of how you plumbed it? I am assuming a tee. Did you use the 2" RTD from Auber?
Thanks in advance,
-Ben

Ben I used 3/8 high temp tubing, the tube from the pump to the element is less than a foot and the tube from the tee to the top of the mash tun is about two feet so I have pretty short runs and no restriction issues.
I used a 1/2 inch stainless tee with 3/8 barbed fittings the tee and element are connected with a 1 inch long 3/8 tube with clamps.
I will take some pic's for you and post them soon.

Jalapeno nice artwork !

Pat

Boil kettle much easier to clean when not polished...Sorry

Pat

With the skills and equipment you've got at your disposal, you could easily upgrade this to all-electric! Then soot on kegs wouldn't be an issue!

With the skills and equipment you've got at your disposal, you could easily upgrade this to all-electric! Then soot on kegs wouldn't be an issue!

I dont really have a soot issues,but one day I'll most likely go all electric I think I would sell the stand and start over if I did that...The worst of my alleged skills is eletrical/electronics makes my head hurt !

Thanks Pat

Pat,
Thank you for the pics, that helps a lot. I may try my 1/2" tubing clamped down to the smaller stubs on the RIMS tube, since 1/2" is what I have handy. Or maybe I could sleeve the stubs on the RIMS tube. I wonder if there is a compression fitting I could fit to the output side of the RIMS tube so that the T for the probe could be one solid piece. I have a 3 tier tree without many places to mount my gear. I guess I need to weld on some shelves. I will order a PID and an RTD probe today.

Pat,
Thank you for the pics, that helps a lot. I may try my 1/2" tubing clamped down to the smaller stubs on the RIMS tube, since 1/2" is what I have handy. Or maybe I could sleeve the stubs on the RIMS tube. I wonder if there is a compression fitting I could fit to the output side of the RIMS tube so that the T for the probe could be one solid piece. I have a 3 tier tree without many places to mount my gear. I guess I need to weld on some shelves. I will order a PID and an RTD probe today.

1/2 inch will work I just didnt like how lose it felt when it was together.

Pat

Does anyone here make stickers I would like one for my control panel 3x8 that says mad fabricator brewing ?

Thanks Pat

I'm going to work up the layout for mine and take it to a sign shop to have it cut in black vinyl. Maybe even the tamper-resistant vinyl that is used on street signs and such.

If you have a logo, and send me the dimensions of your panel where things are, I'd be happy to help you get a file you could take to a local sign shop and have done... or I could have it made here in Boise and send it to you. I'd love to have someone with your skills owe me a favor :mug:

I'm going to work up the layout for mine and take it to a sign shop to have it cut in black vinyl. Maybe even the tamper-resistant vinyl that is used on street signs and such.

If you have a logo, and send me the dimensions of your panel where things are, I'd be happy to help you get a file you could take to a local sign shop and have done... or I could have it made here in Boise and send it to you. I'd love to have someone with your skills owe me a favor :mug:

I might have to take you up on that...When you get yours worked up can you let me see it ?

Thanks Pat

Latest posts

Back