Tasted my first sample from primary...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThreeTaps

Reaction score
Wow oh wow, is that a good beer! After nearly 3 weeks in the primary, I never would have thought that the body and flavor of my first beer, a Blonde Ale, would be better than any other non-flavored ale or lager that I've ever had. I'm really looking forward to this!

As if the act of brewing the beer and visiting these forums wasn't addicting enough...I now add taste to the list of benefits!

HA! sometimes it is hard to remember the reason we are all on here all day, every day is not just to talk about HERMS systems, argue CFC vs IC and show off our fridges... but it is because we all just LOVE the taste of our beer!

I'm still freaking out here, I mean honestly, if everybody knew how easy it was (with patience, that is...) to make GREAT tasting beer, Macro breweries would be out of business.

I'm so frickin' excited to pop the top of my first bottle in 2-3 weeks, and what better time to do so than when my brothers and dad are over for his 60'th birthday.

...I almost don't even WANT to drink that cream stout I've had in the fridge all day, for the sake of losing that sweet blonde ale's nectar from my mouth.

I'm still freaking out here, I mean honestly, if everybody knew how easy it was (with patience, that is...) to make GREAT tasting beer, Macro breweries would be out of business.

i have thought that on occasion, but let's face it, no one drinks macros cause they taste good, they get drank because the ad depts. have convinced Americans that to drink BMC is what makes you an American man.

So I would presume that I don't need to use distilled water for future brews, even though one of my readings is a tad high, since this tasted so good right? No off flavors whatsoever. Just pure, great tasting ale.

So I would presume that I don't need to use distilled water for future brews, even though one of my readings is a tad high, since this tasted so good right? No off flavors whatsoever. Just pure, great tasting ale.

if it tastes good... why mess with it?!

you might find certain styles don't work with your water, maybe (i don't know... I don't have your water report in front of me). But, if the beer tastes good, then don't change it.

Latest posts

Back