Rogue dry-hop red

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewing Clamper

Reaction score
I just had this for the first time yesterday and I gotta say it's my favorite of their beers! Now I would like to brew something close to this, any tips? I've brewed many different styles but for some reason I've never tried a red. I guess it helps that they give an ingredients list on the bottle, but any input you have will help. Thanks!

From Rogue.com

Style: Red Ale Food Pairing: Pork, Beef
Tasting Notes: Reddish copper in color, a roasty malty flavor, with a hoppy-spruce finish.

10 Ingredients:
Malts: Great Western Harrington, Klages, Munich & Hugh Baird Carastan 30-37 & 13-17, Crystal 70-80.
Hops: Chinook & Centennial.
Yeast & Water: Rogue's Pacman Yeast & Free Range Coastal Water.

Specs:
13º PLATO
44 IBU
73.1 AA
27º Lovibond

If you have any software I say punch in the incredients and mess around with quanitites a little.

This stuff comes around occasionally on tap in my area and its definitely awesome. You need to make sure you have the maltiness to balance the hops. I'm surprised there isn't any roasted barley in the grain bill...

Back