New Belgium glasses for those interested

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got them 2 years ago and broke both within a couple months. Got them again for Christmas last year and they have been my daily drinking glass all year. Sometimes the etching in the bottom can be very hard to clean, especially if you let a little beer dry in the bottom.

Any opinions on the 12oz vs. 16oz globe glasses? I'm trying to decide which would be better.

Definitely 16oz, having to double pour something out of a grolsch style bottle sucks.

Looks like they are out of the 16oz glasses :(

FWIW, I bought a set 2 years ago and they are my favorite beer glasses. I was thinking about ordering another pair, but looks like I waited too long.

These have a really nice shape, heavy glass, the laser inscription in the bottom is awesome for creating a nice head. Personally, I wouldn't go for the 12 oz ones...even for pouring a bottle of beer. you will likely overflow the glass with the foam.

I'm sure they'll get more in. My wife bought me a pair of each size last year, and they quickly became my favorite glasses. I'll be buying another pair of each this year!

Another site had a better description of the volume of these glasses.

The 12oz glasses have a 12oz "line" and are 14oz to the brim.

The 16oz glasses have a 16oz line and 18oz to the brim.

When I went to Fort Collins, where New Belgium is, I ate at "Rasta Pasta" and they had $5 New Belgium pints and you got to keep the 16 oz glass. They are really nice!

Back