Williams Brewing Summer Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorCal

Reaction score
Anyone have a good clone of this recipe (extract preferred). Or perhaps a similiar extract recipe?

Well, it may be a dumb question, but it's not meant to be a trick question. I really like the kit, but since it's only available seasonally, I'm trying to find a similar extract recipe to use for future batches.

Well, it may be a dumb question, but it's not meant to be a trick question. I really like the kit, but since it's only available seasonally, I'm trying to find a similar extract recipe to use for future batches.

Ahhhh, OK.... Because I was thinking, why does he need a clone - just buy the kit!

:eek:

Aight I am going to take a stab at this...don't laugh at me if i am wrong :)

6 pounds of muntons liquid light malt extract OR 4.5 pounds of light DME
8oz of crystal malt 10L to steep for 20-30 minutes at 155-160 degrees farenheit
.5 oz of hallertau at 60 minutes
.5 oz of hallertau at 45 minutes
.5oz of cascade at 20 minutes
.5oz of cascade at 5 minutes
irish moss at ten minutes
Safale US-05 for the yeast

like i said i might be completely off but im sure that recipe would make a pretty decent summer ale

Quite a few summer beers have some wheat as well, so you might use 25% light wheat extract and cut back on the regular extract. Another thing common in some summer brews is grains of paradise.

Quite a few summer beers have some wheat as well, so you might use 25% light wheat extract and cut back on the regular extract. Another thing common in some summer brews is grains of paradise.

word. so use 3.75 pounds of DME and 1.25 pounds of wheat DME. I don't know where i came up with those numbers...just sounded right

Awesome! Thanks for all the replies and advice. I've got enough to go now...

Latest posts

Back