What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drinking a Stix Chocolate Chipotle Porter.

Very nice, chocolate and pepper are both noticable in the taste with just a slight burn in the back of the throat from the peppers.

The chocolate comes from fresh roasted cocoa nibs from Theo Gourmet Chocolate here in Seattle.

Brewtopia said:
Drinking a Stix Chocolate Chipotle Porter.

Very nice, chocolate and pepper are both noticable in the taste with just a slight burn in the back of the throat from the peppers.

The chocolate comes from fresh roasted cocoa nibs from Theo Gourmet Chocolate here in Seattle.

Sounds like another beer I need to try.

Stone Pale Ale from a 2L growler. I found myself in San Diego yesterday and made it a mission to stop by Stone on the way home. I brought my 1 and 2L growlers and went into the tap room where I saw...

11th Anniversary IPA! :ban:

and...

10th Anniversary IPA!! :rockin::ban:

Both available! Score!...but what about a regular beer that I was hoping for? Easy solution, buy another growler (much easier with the $1 off for the AHA membership). So I walked outta there last night with a 1L of 10th Anniversary, a 2L of 11th Anniversary and a 2L of Pale Ale including the new growler.

Since I'm out of the Samuel Smith Taddy Porters, so can't participate in the beer of the week thread, I'll dredge this thread up.

Tonight I tried a Wychwood Hobgoblin Dark English Ale for the first tmie. Interesting combination of sweet and bitter; the label calls it a moderate bitterness, which is there, but there was a background and finish of dark sweetness. I actually found it just slightly short of cloying, but still short. I could drink another and will probably buy it again, but, for me, it wasn't a "knock your socks off" brew.

Rick

Right now I have a Pike XXXXX Stout in hand and it's mighty tasty. The brewer at Pike handed it to me when he saw me walking through Pike Place Market a couple hours ago.

Who me?!

WHy I;m finishing off my keg of Magic Hat #9 clone. I believe it's one of my best brews yet...maybe that's why I drank it dry in only 2 weeks...

At the moment I am enjoying an AG Oatmeal Stout that I made back in November. It is, by far, the best OS I've made and, well, I think I'll have another !!! :rockin:

I've had the taddy porter is was good. Before that I had some Portugese beers my friend gave me Super Bock and Sarges both decent malty and tasty. I just finished off a bottle of Big Foot and half a bottle swmbo didn't finish. I'm on the way to a nice buzz. :mug:

Happy Friday everyone

The Bridgeport Blue Heron Pale Ale, or something of that nature....delicious, especially since i know the man who created it!

2668191.jpg

My current favorite Magic Hat. I get it for $12.99 a CASE!!!

I'm drinking a Sierra Nevada ESB. Soon to be followed by a Breckenridge IPA before I hit the hay. It's been a good day, having kegged 10 gallons of IPA. I've just got things back in order, after brewing 11 gallons of Leap Year Porter. But, but, don't forget the butts. I just finished putting on 8 Boston Butts on the eggs for tomorrows big Webelo crossover dinner. 61 pounds of pulled pork.

It's been a busy evening.

just got done with laying the stone in the kitchen ,entrance and front porch moved back in the stove and trash compactor and decided to call it an evening pop a dunkel and chime in to chat... MAN I am wiped out!!! that is to much flooring for 1 guy to do by himself IMO Thank GOD for BEER!!!
JJ

EdWort said:
I'm drinking a Sierra Nevada ESB. Soon to be followed by a Breckenridge IPA before I hit the hay. It's been a good day, having kegged 10 gallons of IPA. I've just got things back in order, after brewing 11 gallons of Leap Year Porter. But, but, don't forget the butts. I just finished putting on 8 Boston Butts on the eggs for tomorrows big Webelo crossover dinner. 61 pounds of pulled pork.

It's been a busy evening.

Mmmmm...pulled pork! Dammit, now I'm hungry. :D

EdWort said:
I'm drinking a Sierra Nevada ESB.
I just saw that at the store. How is it Ed?

Edit...I guess if I'm drinking, I should comment. Taddy Porter, with more to follow. Carry on...

A Orfy HobGoblin clone. Bottled it two weeks ago and threw it in the Freezer for 30 minutes. Just wanted to see how it was going to be. A little green still, but not bad.

I shared an Innis and Gunn IPA. Its flavour palette was much more like whiskey than beer, no discernable hop flavour. They claimed that their oakiness made them the only "authentic" IPA - clearly they've never heard of brewers' pitch. A novelty brew.

(not more than that - I was preparing from an overnight shift)

started with a killians but I think something went wrong, it tasted a little more skunk that it should of. granted it was tap at a large bar..then moved on to a few Flying Bison Aviator Red...ahh...only in Buffalo, I love this beer...Killians on steriods..more malt, more taste,,just better!!

A new favorite of mine as of last night.

Great Divide's Oak Aged Yeti Imperial Stout

I had a 22oz bomber :cross: . This is one of those beers that had me saying "man this could be the best beer I've ever had".

Firestone Pale Ale

A beautiful golden color. Citrus hops in the nose. Grainy malt and even bitterness. Dry, and a touch of biscuit. Hop flavor in the finish, more earthy than citrus. Easy drinking, well-balanced pale ale.

I just had a bottle of Fantome Saison (needed to dulture the yeast). Man, it's good! Goes down really easy, and it's 8%, so I'm feelin it.

Latest posts

Back