im getting in to kegging (and trying to be cheap)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justinmcdevitt

Reaction score
well time for me to bite the bullet and get into kegging, but I want to be a cheap as possiable (since I got a corny for $10 :) and might be getting a 20# tank for $40 I am doing good at that goal:rockin: )
but what I need is a regulator, and I have searched around, but was wondering what a fair price is for a dual gauge one, I know this isn't the best area to be cheap on but it doesn't hurt to save money right

so if you guys know of some good deals let me know

thanks

Try going with just a single gauge rather than a dual. The high pressure gauge for the tank side is somewhere between minimally useful and totally useless.

That'll save you a few bucks.

I found on on craigslist that I might get, but if not I think im going to try micromatic, or adventures (I know that store well)
thanks

Keep your eye on craigslist, I bought my whole kegerator for $100. It included the tank, regulator, sankey tap, fridge, faucet...all I had to get was a corny and commercial conversion kit to use it for homebrew. Whole deal for under $150.

maybe this guy would mail you one, or you could pick it up if you are ever in the Indy area: http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/for/546039775.html

Just a thought...I went to a local retail beverage place that specializes in kegs. He had most of what I needed and took good care of me. He pulled lightly used gear out of inventory and sold it as is of course.

dual gauge reg $25
sankey D's $20
5 lb alum tank $50 (deposit)
CO2 fill $10
sixtel/tall 1/4 $10 (deposit/keg) I know the ethics of borrowing
a keg are killing me

chest freezer and a raanco from ebay(or a spare fridge) and your set!

good luck w/ the project.

thanks again guys, I ended up buying one on craigslist for $80 for a almost brand new dual regulator and a 5# tank thats 75% full (good thing I know how to read gauges :) ) and the gas side fitting and tube
now all i have to do is brew me some beer to put in the keg

Back