Is Perlick 525SS really the best?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryanmcl

Reaction score
Top of the morning- I have a few $$ to spend to replace my old aluminum faucets and it looks to be that the Perlicks are the best route to go. Is that because they have a monopoly on the market? I don't see many SS options out there.

What would you consider to be the top of the line ale faucet?

It's not the stainless steel that is so awesome about them. It is the faucet design, which so far as I know is patented. Very simple design, but it never sticks.

I own two 525SS and six 425SS. IMO, 425SS is the best design (easier to disassemble and removable spout). ;)

Yea, 525 is the best available right now. I own a 525ss and a 425ss ....I prefer the 425, its a shame they don't make them anymore, but there is less parts to a 525 and cheaper to make...I can see why Perlick took the easy way out and continued with the faucet thats cheaper but I still like my 425.

Fantastic! Now that it has been determined the 525SS is the best, where might one find the best price?

Google has informed me Amazon has them for $31 and $4.99 shipping, no tax!

Those are chrome, not SS.

Oops, sorry. Hasty eBay search.

The Farmhouse deal looks good, and it seems better to me than picking a random/faceless eBay merchant anyway.

I dug up my receipt and found I paid $29.90 + $5.99 shipping through Amazon/LearnToBrew.com, so I guess my memory is almost as bad as my eBay searching skills at this moment :p

I have 1 chrome and one SS and have seen no difference in quality.

You will after using them for a while ... the chrome plating will etch off. My old faucets were chrome on the outside and brass inside by the time I got rid of them ...

Got mine at Austin Homebrew as well. If I remember right I paid 28.99 each. Great faucet, haven't had a single problem with them in the year that I have had my Keezer.:mug:

Fantastic! Now that it has been determined the 525SS is the best, where might one find the best price?

Google has informed me Amazon has them for $31 and $4.99 shipping, no tax!

That's prolly gonna b your best price. Now hook up with someone that gets free shipping from Amazon.:mug:

I've got a 525 and 575 and use the 575 creamer on occasion for looks or on lower carbed beers to get a head on them. Never had any issues and are simple to clean and maintain.
Rochester store fixtures is local for me and are about the same or cheaper than most places online, but with shipping may end up close. Also 6 or more saves you a few bucks. Good guys that come to our homebrew meetings once a year and do a run down on kegging, cleaning, and properly setting up homebrew taps.

http://rochesterstorefixture.com/images/Page_18-19.pdf

You may want to check out Birdman Brewing (a vendor on the forums here); they have some deals going on faucet and shank combos. I'd recommend stainless shanks too, you'll be happier with them in the long run.

Back