Mold in the secondary

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alrightmax

Reaction score
OK, so last week I racked a braggot into the secondary, and today I saw this...
155nfci.jpg

the picture's not great (copious condensation on the glass), but there are a few white circles of (what appears to be) mold...
Should I bottle or rack again?
I was planning on bulk aging at least another month, and from what I tasted last week it could use some age. :(

Def hard to see clearly. Looks like yeast rafts with something else...by the look of that mess in the upper right of the pic.

Maybe this is a little better, my camera's being fickle;
68a0r7.jpg

I've used this yeast quite a bit, that's why I'm so sure that it's not that. I've thinking I'll just rack it again tomorrow, or should I just bottle it?

Maybe this is a little better, my camera's being fickle;
68a0r7.jpg

I've used this yeast quite a bit, that's why I'm so sure that it's not that. I've thinking I'll just rack it again tomorrow, or should I just bottle it?

still really hard to see, cant tell the glare on the glass from the stuff inside. can you get a pic without all the glare?

Looks a lot like lacto,but without the web like lines between the bubbles & clumps. More like a slimy enzime you'd see on somethin rotting in the woods.

Back