First ever all grain and first ever homebrew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gjg130

Reaction score
Brewed the Haus Pale Ale on Thanksgiving day. The whole process went great and it is happily bubbling away. Starting OG was 1.049 and it smells great.

2011-11-25 20.02.56.jpg

I don't see a blowoff. Looks like a pretty good head of krausen there. . . Are you looking to change the color scheme in your fermentation room? :D

I don't see a blowoff. Looks like a pretty good head of krausen there. . . Are you looking to change the color scheme in your fermentation room? :D

Actually with the 6 gallon carboy the krausen never reached the the neck. It has since died down. I don't think I have to worry about a new color scheme. But it did cross my mind since it was a higher OG. But all is good.

You have to expirience this kind of thinks to learn something :D

I learned it by putting a carboy with an airlock in my friends closet (who was away on vacation). Whoops. A good dry cleaning bill later, I've learned that airlocks are only used to free up my blow off tubes when needed fore new fermentation starts.

I learned it by putting a carboy with an airlock in my friends closet (who was away on vacation). Whoops. A good dry cleaning bill later, I've learned that airlocks are only used to free up my blow off tubes when needed fore new fermentation starts.

Yer over filling yer fermenter, me thinks. ;p

-b

Latest posts

Back