Mad science lab in the kitchen

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nostalgia

Reaction score
A couple of starters being prepped.

starters.jpg

-Joe

It's funny that you call it a mad science lab. A while back we had some family in town and one of their daughters, 5 years old, asked me when I was cleaning out my 2L Flask, "Do you make potions with that??". It was freakin hilarious.

I was thinking of just buying a 500ml one to drink out of and be able to take funny pictures...but I should have known people would actually be using these things. Now to find a good deal on a lab coat! Mwahahaha!

i got the entire meth lab minus the meth or desire to make that schitte. i only dawn the coat when working with yeasts, to keep it from becoming stained.

When people see my flasks, gravity cylinders, stir plate, thermometers, hydrometers, airlocks, hoses..etc..etc. on my brewing shelf in my basement brewery, they say something to the tune of "wow you really take this seriously," or "you're like a mad scientist with this beer stuff, huh?" ...and that was before I built the electric rig, which sits in plain sight when you enter the brewery.

I never really tried seeing it from another perspective, but what can I say, it's an involved hobby if you get far enough into it!

Keep on makin starters for the good cause, Joe! :mug:

TB

I'm fighting the good fight, TB :)

I just stepped up the lager starter to 4 liters last night. It's spinning away on the stirplate now with renewed vigor.

-Joe

I'm fighting the good fight, TB :)

I just stepped up the lager starter to 4 liters last night. It's spinning away on the stirplate now with renewed vigor.

-Joe

I was joking about the Mr. Malty thing in your other thread. I sometimes think that calculator is a little over the top. I do use large starters for lagers, but some of those recommendations for ales are ridiculous, unless that extra 2% attenuation really means that much to someone... :rolleyes:

Keep it up, Joe! BTW, how's the new rig treating ya?

TB

Back