2.5 gal keg system

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hardball

Reaction score
Anybody have experience with these? It looks like you use a CO2 cartridge and injector w/a picnic tap.

Most people use them to take with them. They are like gold! I just bought 2 used ones for $120, which was the best price I could find.

Oh Yeah, I have a 3 gallon keg and I use it to go.

Beer2Go-1.jpg

The beer or Apfelwein is gone long before the ice is.

Beer2Go-3.jpg

Target has the coolers on sale right now with your local NFL team (sticker) logo on it. 25 bucks I am in AZ and our Target had a San Diego Chargers cooler for $9.99, could not pass it up

Do you have to hit the CO2 everytime you pour? Approx cost of that set up in the picture?

Thanks for posting those pics, I am an extremely jealous man right now!

Hardball said:
Do you have to hit the CO2 everytime you pour? Approx cost of that set up in the picture?
Before I head out, I charge it with 20 lbs from the big tank. It takes only two 12 gram cartridges to dispense the 3 gallons. I had the charger connected to a bulkhead on the outside (cause it was cool and they did the same thing on the Morebeer model where I got the idea) but then I took it off cause now it is out of sight out of mind. I don't need some idiot coming up and blowing the whole cartridge in the keg at one time.

Here's the parts breakdown.

Beer2GoPartsList.gif

Back