Trying to name a summer kolsch...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big10Seaner

Reaction score
and I cannot for the life of me think of anything good. I'm thinking I want a German name that somehow reflects summer. I've been typing random things into translators but nothing is catching my interest. Any ideas?

Its not German, but here is mine. Youre welcome to use it if you can't come with something.

endless_summer_kolsch1.jpg

Heiße Tage and/or Hundstage means Dog Days in German. At least according to:

dog days : Dictionary / Wörterbuch (BEOLINGUS, TU Chemnitz)

A proverb says: Eine Schwalbe macht noch keinen Sommer. (One swallow does not make a summer.)

But you could change it to say Eine Schwalbe Macht Ein Sommer. Although you may want to get a true German to proofread that to make sure the grammar is correct. My German is Nicht so Gut.

Probably going to end up being one of the following:

hochsommer - Midsummer
hund tage - dog days
Sonnenwende - Solstice

Unless, that is, someone comes up with something better. Thanks for all of the input once again.

How about this one: "Kölner Dom am Sonne"; "Cologne Cathedral in the Sun". Or for short: "Dom am Sonne".

Or maybe this one: "Peter und Maria am Sonne"? "Peter and Marry in the Sun" - because the Cathedral is dedicated to Saint Peter and the Blessed Virgin Mary.

Back