Clear adhesive labels

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jezter6

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
While cleaning off some wine bottles for my mead - I noticed one or two that had clear plastic printed labels on them. Those buggers were HARD to get off and definately withstood 3 days in an oxyclean bath - which means they should be great for a cooler.

Any ideas where one would get those?

You will have to get them printed somewhere else. You won't be able to find a clear substrate with that adhesive for a home inkjet. Also, so the label won't be completely see through, you will have to print a bump of white on the image area. There are no inkjets out there I know that can print white (well a few can, but they are really expensive). Plus, most inkjet ink isn't made to withstand water.

You will have to get them printed somewhere else. You won't be able to find a clear substrate with that adhesive for a home inkjet. Also, so the label won't be completely see through, you will have to print a bump of white on the image area. There are no inkjets out there I know that can print white (well a few can, but they are really expensive). Plus, most inkjet ink isn't made to withstand water.

Ed,

I was planning on using laser anyways here at the office, but was hoping that kind of label would be available somewhere. Thanks for your help!

Nice minumum order there to try out something :) *prints first sheet, hmm not quite what I was looking for.....looks at remaining 792 labels in box....crap.

I'll tell you what... if Jezter thinks 100 sheets for $17 is too much of a risk, he can PM me and I will mail him a sheet to try.

Or maybe everyone isn't as cheap as you, Irregular. ;) Stimulate the economy!

I saw 100 sheets for $49.99 Link to your 17 dollar 100 sheets? Which sorry I'm not as rich as you, is a bit much for a chance on labels ;)

I can't afford to stimulate the economy, my company took my economy away.

I did see that you could do custom number of sheets - but 1 sheet was $4.50 + shipping...

I didn't see 100 sheets for 17 either. That's not too bad for a test run..but I'd take a single sheet tester if it's offered. :p

Nope, you guys are totally right. I emailed my wife as she is the one that buys them. My wife uses these for her business and she was saying that she was putting clear ones OVER the $17/100 sheet white ones (4"x2" with rounded corners).

As a show of good faith and to acknowledge that I accept my stupidity (as I have no choice) I will send Jezter 2 sheets when he PMs me his address.

Irregular, all you get is an apology unless you want a sheet of the labels. They're worth about the same. :rockin:

Nope, you guys are totally right. I emailed my wife as she is the one that buys them. My wife uses these for her business and she was saying that she was putting clear ones OVER the $17/100 sheet white ones (4"x2" with rounded corners).

As a show of good faith and to acknowledge that I accept my stupidity (as I have no choice) I will send Jezter 2 sheets when he PMs me his address.

Irregular, all you get is an apology unless you want a sheet of the labels. They're worth about the same. :rockin:

haha no prob. No need for labels, the rocker is enough.

Back