Two year old 120 IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clearcut23

Reaction score
I made this Dogfish Head 120 IPA clone almost two years ago when I was doing BIAB. Not much of a hop profile left but DAMN is it good! I saved the whole batch too as it was over carbed. Threw one in the fridge last week and just opened it up. Had to share. I also made and saved an Arogant Bastard Ale clone as well. I'm going to out all the bottles in my fridge and drink the hell out of them!

image-919636998.jpg

image-1909614846.jpg

image-3021301169.jpg

Wow. WTF is wrong with uploading pics to this site. It took me three tries and it uploaded the same pic twice and one is sideways when I click on it

Clearcut23 said:
I made this Dogfish Head 120 IPA clone almost two years ago when I was doing BIAB. Not much of a hop profile left but DAMN is it good! I saved the whole batch too as it was over carbed. Threw one in the fridge last week and just opened it up. Had to share. I also made and saved an Arogant Bastard Ale clone as well. I'm going to out all the bottles in my fridge and drink the hell out of them!

I'd be curious to know how the bastard clone comes out. I have a clone recipe myself and I'd love to compare.

hoppyhoppyhippo said:
Very awesome. Do you happen to have the BIAB recipe you used as I'm considering making a 120 like beer.

Ill see if I can find it. Should be in my brew book somewhere. Ill post it tomorrow if I find it.

The bastard was good when I brewed it and even better today. Their were 3-4 batches in a row that were over carbed. Damn coopers drops anyways. So I just kept them all for the hell of it thinking I could never drink them. After a year or so I would pop a top and the beer would gush out. No stopping it. I tried burping my swing tops over time but it didn't really help. I noticed if they went in the fridge long enough I could get the top off and pour before the trub mixed into the beer. This couldn't have come at a better time since I haven't been able to afford to brew since August and I just ran out of CO2.

So as it turns out I don't have the 120 clone recipe anymore. But here is an awesome IPA I haven't brewed in a while.

image-891903837.jpg

HellBound said:
I see the switch to London ale yeast. Do you recall if you used the 1275 or the other one?

I can't recall which one I used. I do remember that I only switched it because the HBS didn't have 1056 American that particular day. I use that yeast for all of my IPA's and love it.

Back