Brewing/Bar Area Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Antler

Reaction score
Just moved into a new home, and have an undeveloped basement. I have an area of about 9'4"x12'4" to work with. Picture below. There is a drain and water in the left corner, and 240v in the right corner. Ill be changing my 5 gallon BIAB setup to electric soon. I want a bar to come out about 7ft from the left wall, with the brewery behind the bar. I'd like a ~8cuft keezer behind the bar. I want a sink in there, as well as a small "cabinet" style fermentation chamber that I can fit 6-7 buckets/carboys in.

If there anyone out there who works with interior layouts, design, etc can you give a blueprint like a floor plan or something?

image-853773669.jpg

I'm not a designer or anything but I am currently building an 8-foot straight bar to house my kegerator. I've never made anything out of wood before and I'm almost finished with it. I bought the plans from www.barplan.com which gives you access to all the plans on the site. You can also modify the size of the bar and it will give you the updated cut list. Hope this at least gives you an idea for the bar aspect. Good luck!

You need to think about your brew-day logically. Water and drain are the hardest to move or possibly add (do you want your bar "wet"?), whereas the 220 is easy to route to where you need it.

If you don't want to pay for software, I'd suggest getting some graph paper. Sounds like kids stuff, but, to scale, draw the area of the room, cut out different fixtures (bar, tables, sinks, kettles, etc.). Be precise with your scales though.

Lay them all out on your "room" drawing, make sure that you have enough space between items to walk through, work, carry, etc.

Give yourself multiple options and be thorough.

Well the water and sewer are there in the left corner so my sink will be there. I'm doing BIAB so won't need a large space for the system. A "cabinet" style ferm chamber, and my keezer will be there. Bar will come out 7-8 ft from the left wall, I want everything behind the bar.

No wet bar, there will be a sink in the corner anyway. I suck at scaling down stuff, I was hoping someone with lots of free time was gonna sketch something up lol

Lol I could try, I tried to draw floor plan for a small cottage before. Even with graph paper it sucked, just scaling lol

Back