beer nightmare....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

subwyking

Reaction score
ok i will tell my tale, then i will ask a question.

last saturday we bottled dirty floor wheat. it has taken every ounce of restraint i have to leave it alone (a common problem for first time brewers i'd bet). so last night after getting up with my daughter at 3 a.m. to feed her, i drifted back off to sleep. to my horror i had one of the worst dreams ever. i dreamt that i opened up one of the beers, took a long pull and spewed a chunky nasty beeriness all over the place. there were actually chunks of stuff in my beer!! after i woke up from this nightmare i ran to the spare bedroom and grabbed a bottle out of the box, looked into and to my relief, no chunks.

ok now my question..... in your own opinions does dreaming about bad beer indicate that i truly am falling in love with the hobby of brewing?

I don't know if it means you are falling in love with it, but it certainly indicates that thoughts of homebrew/brewing are consuming you during your waking hours.

If I do or think about ANYTHING for a large portion of my day, I tend to have dreams that night about that thing, or at least have dreams that involve that thing.

I would say that lots of thinking about homebrew and (possibly) paranoia about yoru batch not turning out right lead to the dream you had last night.

-walker

yeah your probly right i do think about it a whole lot. i would venture to say that i found brewing my first batch more enjoyable than some of the hobbies ive been doing for years. my heart sank when i woke up... it took me a bit to realize that it was indeed a dream.

this reminded me of a horrible dream I had when I was about 11 or 12.

I had just discovered Dungeons and Dragons and spent (no kidding) 15 hours playing with two friends one day. That night, I had restless sleep and every dream I had involved me rolling dice for EVERYTHING that was going on, even mudane things like taking the dog for a walk... I had to roll dice at every corner to know which way to go, etc.

-walker

I'm doing a demo for National Teach a Friend to Homebrew day this Saturday & last night dreamed about the boil exploding all over the pizzaria.

I've had dreams about my brews being ruined too!

Homebrewing is such a fantastic hobby, in fact, thinking about my next brew, and bits of brewing equipment that I am going to make is the only thing that gets me through the each dreary day at work ;)

in the month and change that I have been brewing, I have found myself dwelling on my next batch, my in process batch, and the one I am drinking, ALL THE TIME!!!

yeah i talk about it constantly, and my wife (god bless her) sits there with an "interested" look on her face nods and smiles and says things like "that sounds good" or "mmmmm"

Truble said:
in the month and change that I have been brewing, I have found myself dwelling on my next batch, my in process batch, and the one I am drinking, ALL THE TIME!!!
I'll second that...the only time I'm not thinking about my beer is when I'm on here thinking about other people's beer. :D

Walker said:
this reminded me of a horrible dream I had when I was about 11 or 12. I had just discovered Dungeons and Dragons and spent (no kidding) 15 hours playing with two friends one day

You never had to admit to playing D&D mate! Call of Cthulhu. Now that was a game!

Dreaming of beer; I do it as well on occasion. Especially if it is a late night of brewing or some new gadget ordered that I can't wait for (like my birthday in 10 days & my wish list for the wife - 2 new Perlick taps and another Cornie!). Hell, its a heck of a lot more fun to dream of beer than to dream of work like I did last night :mad:

Dreaming is the unconscious problem-solving of dilemas that we have in our conscious lives that we are, A: not admitting to ourselves to be a problem, or B: not even knowing, on a conscious level, that it (the promblem) exsists.
However the "dream" phenomenon can only preceed the following question: If when we dream, we feel we are really there, then is it possible that our consciousness is accually a larger dream trying to problem-sove for a larger dilema?

I have a philosophy degree and dreams (and people's interpretations) never cease to amaze me.

Greenhorn said:
Dreaming is the unconscious problem-solving of dilemas that we have in our conscious lives that we are, A: not admitting to ourselves to be a problem, or B: not even knowing, on a conscious level, that it (the promblem) exsists.
However the "dream" phenomenon can only preceed the following question: If when we dream, we feel we are really there, then is it possible that our consciousness is accually a larger dream trying to problem-sove for a larger dilema?

I have a philosophy degree and dreams (and people's interpretations) never cease to amaze me.

I'll only get philosophical after too many homebrews then my friends start calling me "Phil". At work now and dead sober, can't absorb this. :D

Back