smoker question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nghtmre4u

Reaction score
my old electric smoker is shot and gave me a good zap today so my aniversary is in 2 weeks wife said she will buy me a new one.
So i was looking at the Perfect Flame 36" LP Smoker at lowes.
just looking for some feedback on it thanks

I really love my Weber Smokey Mountain cooker. It's a charcoal bullet smoker, rather than an electric, and it's a bit more expensive than the one you're looking at, but it will last forever. Hardwood lump charcoal and a few chunks of hickory (or whatever wood you like) and you'll be singing its praises. Also looks to take up about as much space as the one you're looking at. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks for the replys.I was a lp smoker after getting a good shock from my old electric one yesterday and having the big propane tank installed for the brew house i figured lp would be the way to go.I have access to a big wood smoker if i want to do some serious smoking but this is for small stuff turkey fish ribs that sort of stuff.

Makes sense... I've used a small lp smoker and it works fine. You'll save a bundle on lp with the big tank. I'm on a farm & have a 500 gal for heating. Ran a line for the brew burner. . . . LP that way is less than half what it is in 20 lb cylinders.

well i went to lowes today they did not have in stock but they have it in there dist center which i happen to work at so i will have it in the next day or 2:ban:
with a nice discount and the bottle opener is a added bonus.lol

Well i got this smoker put together and i am seasoning it as i type:rockin: so far i realy like this it has alot more room then my old brinkman assembly was easy I will post some pics tomorrow with some smoked meat

here is a pick of a roast and a fatty

smoker-2.jpg

That looks great. I'm thinking of getting a Masterbuilt Electric Smoker from Lowes. I like the set-it forget-it style and it'll burn wood.

I wanted that smoker but after getting zapped from my old electric and having the big propane tank back there just seemed right to go with this one here is a pick of 2 fatties smoking as i type first one is a pizza fattie and the fatter one in back is stuffed with cream cheese garlic and onions

fatty1.jpg

if you got zapped by your old electric smoker then I would suggest not using the outlet that it was plugged into obviously does not have a GFI on it.

I like your new smoker .

Yes dumb me didnt plug into the gfi receptical but the smoker was old it needed to be replaced anyway i am realy liking the propane here is a pic of the fatties well whats left of them anyway
before
fatty2.jpg

after

fattys2-1.jpg

Back