pinot grigo recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkrug

Reaction score
I have bought some juice from homewinery. I have searched on here for one and cant find one. Does anyone have a good recipe that i can use? Have had this juice for about a month and want to get going on it this weekend.

Thanks in advance for the input.

Juice
Yeast
Time

Yep, that's about. There really isn't a wine "recipe" since you use grapes. You can reduce the acid if the must it too acidic, or add a bit of tannin if it's lacking. But that's really all you do. The quality of the wine depends on the quality of the grapes/juice.

Add some sulfites to the must, wait 12 hours and pitch the yeast. Let it ferment out to dry racking schedule should be the same as any other wine, racking every three months or when lees are 1/4" thick. I would also hold off on adding the tannin until the must is fermented, I really cannot tell if a wine needs more tannin when tasting the super sweet juice, after it is fermented it is much easier to tell if tannins are lacking.

Anyways sulfites are still a must.

Should you put nutrient in this recipe also? I am getting that damn sulfur smell again...hope i didn't screw it up. Everything was sanitized good.

How can you tell if a wine is to acidic. Or has to much or too little tannin, are there tests to run or just by taste.

you have too test the PH to tell if its too acidic, knowing weather or not too adjust it is something an expert wine maker could tell you. You should be able to find something on the internet about acid adjustment of pinot grigio.

BTW its funny that spell check doesn't recognize grigio or gris as a correct word.....

Back