pictures from a small German Brewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dude, those are great pictures.Thanks for sharing...I'm going to Germany next year. i cant wait.. Where were the pictures taken.?What Brewery?

Great to see you Kai!

Thanks for the awesome tour. :rockin: It's great to see and read that some tradition remains in this day and age.

Ize

I'm fully expecting that you'll have a wood-fired mash kettle installed by next Maifest ;)

Very cool! Too bad you couldn't speak with the brewmaster, I'm sure you would have gotten a lot of good information.

It's great to hear from you again. I have tried a few German pils that were darker and more mild on the hops than most and it's a relief to try them. I still prefer some of the "modern" pils but it is quite nice to see some brewery's still doing the older style of brewing.

Very enjoyable, thanks for sharing. Someday I will make a trip to that part of the World. What region of Germany was that?

Cheers

Thank you, Kai, that was very informative. You probably knew more about their brewing process than the apprentice leading the tour. :p

Bulls Beers said:
Dude, those are great pictures.Thanks for sharing...I'm going to Germany next year. i cant wait.. Where were the pictures taken.?What Brewery?

I added a link to the brewery's home page. This lists address and phone number. But I think with a little research you can find more breweries like this. Especially in Bavaria.

I also added a Google Maps link. The Brewery is in the Harz region of Germany which is in the former East

Kai

Thanks Kai!
That was fascinating. I didn't know that beer was still brewed that way. Can you imagine controlling your mash temps by adding firewood? :drunk:

RichBrewer said:
Can you imagine controlling your mash temps by adding firewood? :drunk:

I guess if you do it every day you will learn you system eventually. The same with home breweing. The more you brew the smoother the process will run.

Kai

It's amazing how much we sweat sanitation and things like hot side aeration, etc... Then you see a traditional brewery that looks like it hasn't been dusted since it was built and they are producing great beers.

Back