pitching yeast the next day?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ellijo89

Reaction score
So I'm at my parents house and went to buy the ingredients for my next brew, a Stone Ruination clone, I love the LHBS here, great people, but they didn't have the Pacman yeast i plan on using. I'm heading back home Sunday and brewing when i get home, but wont be able to buy the yeast i want until Monday, meaning i would brew Sunday night and pitch the yeast probably Monday afternoon.

I don't think this is a big deal. But i thought i would check. I plan on chilling the wort as usual, putting into carboy, add airlock then wait to pitch. Anything wrong with this process?

a few homebrews down so i hope this makes sense.. :tank:

Yes it should be okay. Its risking infection for any amount of time the yeast isn't pitched, but so long as you're really clean, it should be fine, I've done the same thing once. I think my wort chiller seemed to be down to temps and I transferred and was like 85 degrees, and it was late, so I just put it in my fermentation freezer and went to bed, in the am pitched and it was fine. just make sure you follow good sanitation, close off the fermenter, and in the morning, sanitize your hands, etc like usual, and pitch, then reseal the fermentation vessel and you'll be good.

Yes it should be okay. Its risking infection for any amount of time the yeast isn't pitched, but so long as you're really clean, it should be fine, I've done the same thing once. I think my wort chiller seemed to be down to temps and I transferred and was like 85 degrees, and it was late, so I just put it in my fermentation freezer and went to bed, in the am pitched and it was fine. just make sure you follow good sanitation, close off the fermenter, and in the morning, sanitize your hands, etc like usual, and pitch, then reseal the fermentation vessel and you'll be good.

will do. Thanks alot.

Back