My new portable Keg system

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes but they;re filled with Compressed Air 99% of the time for paintball. Don't want to inject that into your brew.

I bought two 20oz bottles for $8.00 each this last weekend. (Exchange from Lowes).....

Anyhow the guy there told me they are just compressed air, I'm like uh, "No, it says CO2. Look at the bottle..." Has bold letters "CO2".... pointing to the green diamond of non-flammable gas - No 2.

Just because people use on tools or guns the doesn't mean its air. I think its a misconception. I can see people filling these with compressed air if they run a paint ball range.

I bought two 20oz bottles for $8.00 each this last weekend. (Exchange from Lowes).....

Anyhow the guy there told me they are just compressed air, I'm like uh, "No, it says CO2. Look at the bottle..." Has bold letters "CO2".... pointing to the green diamond of non-flammable gas - No 2.

Just because people use on tools or guns the doesn't mean its air. I think its a misconception. I can see people filling these with compressed air if they run a paint ball range.

I was referring to to Lurpinator post about the N2 tanks. They are used for higher end Electro-pneumatic Paintball guns that cannot use Co2 due to electronics freezing up. Plus it (N2 tanks filled with compressed air) delivers more shot to shot pressure consistency due to not being affected by temperature which is very important in tournament play.
You cannot fill those same tanks with compressed. They are different valves.
See the difference.
CO2 Tank
fill-co2tank.jpg

Compressed Air (N2) Notice the regulator lacking on the CO2
CROSSFIRE45HP-2.jpg

The difference between a CO2 user
080718-paintball.jpg

and N2 user
l_b469cbd41a0c49c4a1d5694b936bbb0c.jpg

Yes co2 containers are filled with Co2.

Bringing this back from the dead. I can't seem to find any of the adapters, regulators, etc. that were referenced in this thread. Have they discontinued everything?

I had been trying to find a cooler large enough to hold a 3 gallon keg along with my #5 Co2 tank and was having no luck. My wife suggested I get a suitcase and insulate it. Since I had an old one already I gave it a shot and was pleased with the results.

Styrofoam $8
Foam Glue (PL300) $6
Thumb Tap $5
Suitcase (free as I had one)
Ice packs (free as I had some)

I tested it last week and it did very well. I hope this is helpful to others. If I do it over I will get a hard suitcase that is a bit thicker than the one I have so I can use 1 inch foam instead of 1/2 inch foam. I wanted to use #5 Co2 since refill costs are crazy here in Ottawa when you fill small canisters.

Regards, Cory.../

18953461_10155436052007915_1933964104296364261_o.jpg

DSC00440.jpg

Latest posts

Back