Sam Adams Boston Brick Red - Clone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeantownR6

Reaction score
went back home in june to Boston and this was on tap everywhere, it was awsome!

anyone know of any recipes to create this tasty brew?

thanks

i searched the internet. its only on tap in boston i believe. couldn't find it listed on sam adams web page on there beer profile page. hopefully somebody on here may know something. i sent an email to sam adams maybee ill get something back.

A: Super clear red with a light tan head. Fairly unremarkable.

S: Malty aroma with no hint of hops.

T: Standard Irish red but with increased sweetness. Malty right up front with limited balancing bitterness.

M: Kind of thick and syrupy for the style, but not in a bad way.

D: Not bad but pretty standard.

Serving type: on-tap

Thought this was telling..

Yeah, I'd brew an Irish Red, aiming for the lower end of the bitterness range for the style. Jamil's recipe in Brewing Classic Styles is always a good starting point for a style. You can dial it in from there.

i searched the internet. its only on tap in boston i believe. couldn't find it listed on sam adams web page on there beer profile page. hopefully somebody on here may know something. i sent an email to sam adams maybee ill get something back.

Did you get anything back? I had some of this last night and would like to make something similar.

It's available on tap only, in a few selected bars in the Boston area only. I prefer it to the regular Irish Red.

It's wicked pissah. I'll be making a clone soon (still trying to find a recipe, that's what brought me here), called 'Lord Stanley's Dirty Water Ale'.

It's good to be from Boston.

EDIT: From SA Site

Enjoy a Boston Brick Red and we'll pitch in!
Beer lovers in Boston have an excuse to visit their favorite local establishment and enjoy a pint of craft beer. Samuel Adams Boston Brick Red, a traditional European style ale handcrafted by the Samuel Adams brewers, is giving craft beer fans an opportunity to give back to the Boston community. For every pint of Samuel Adams Boston Brick Red sold, an additional donation will be made to Samuel Adams Brewing the American Dream. Each keg enjoyed throughout the City will trigger an additional donation of $4 to the fund.

With a name inspired by the historic red brick at the Samuel Adams Boston Brewery, Samuel Adams Boston Brick Red has a rich, deep red color and distinctive caramel flavor from pale and caramel malts. The sweetness of the malt is pleasantly balanced by a pronounced hop bitterness. Samuel Adams Boston Brick Red is currently available on draft at select bars and restaurants in the Boston area.

Download the list of locations

Never even looked. I STILL have the 90min IPA in the primary, and an American Strong Ale on deck... This will likely be after that.

Now you're gonna make me have to go and find a recipe lol. Desk jobs are tough.

I was in Boston in April with SWMBO. She loved the Brick Red but was disappointed to find out it is one of Sam's "Boston Only" brews. We bought a bottle of the the Brick Red Barrel Room Collection after the factory tour to bring home. She drank it about a month ago and it was just as good. It's 9% though and sent her for a loop after finishing the bottle. She wants me to try and brew something similar for home at a lower %. I need some ideas too. Matt

I don't have anything to add about the recipe, but I can tell you it's not only in Boston. I know for sure they serve it at Disney in the American Pavilion at Epcot. Disney and Sam Adams are pretty good friends so that might be the reason, I know they always show up for the Food & Wine Festival with goodies.

I always make sure to grab a pint of this stuff any time I am in Boston. If someone finds a good clone recipe, please pass it along. It would be a regular in my rotation.

I stumbled across BBR while doing my "urban externship" for medic school a couple years ago... yeah, I'm totally hooked... probably the best beer that SA puts out.. and count me in as a wannabe cloner. :-D

At the Cheers in Faneuil Hall Marketplace, Boston...
1003679_10201439782984956_608630008_n.jpg

I had this beer when I toured the SA brewery last summer while on vaca in Boston. It is an excellent beer, it's a shame that it's only available on top in the Boston area. If anyone ever comes up with a clone for this I'm totally in.

I'm doing some checking on this beer. I have a friend that's a sales rep for Sam Adams. He said its the same as their red ale but he's going to check further. I'll keep you posted.

I'm not able to say I've never had the red brick. I talked to him today and he verified it. Its the red ale only in draft.

Latest posts

Back