Mt Hope Homebrew comp

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warrior

Reaction score
An Historic Estate Featuring Spectacular Entertainment on the Grounds of the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire

The BrewFest Homebrew Competition will be part of the first session of the first annual BrewFest at Mount Hope. The Homebrew Competition will give homebrewers the chance to show off their brews among a festival of 35 professional breweries. This competition is AHA/BJCP sanctioned and will follow the 2008 BJCP Style Guidelines. The Best of Show award will give homebrewers the chance to work with a professional brewer to make a batch of their winning recipe for sampling at the 2010 BrewFest.
This honor also makes their brew eligible for entry into the GABF Pro-Am Competition.
Best of Luck to All!

Questions? Contact Teresa Centini, [email protected]

Homebrewers Competition

So far this year I've been with Warrior in York and in Detriot with Revvy and crew (in Jan), Jacksonville, FL in Feb, Seattle/Tacoma 2 weeks ago and NJ next week...where's it all end? At the raising of a beer mug I tell you!!!

:mug:

So far this year I've been with Warrior in York and in Detriot with Revvy and crew (in Jan), Jacksonville, FL in Feb, Seattle/Tacoma 2 weeks ago and NJ next week...where's it all end? At the raising of a beer mug I tell you!!!

BTW next time you are in York, I have a Sticke Alt I'd like you to try. I'm enjoying it very much and need to bottle the next carboy as it is running low!

There's a couple of us in Hanover that wouldn't mind tipping a few with you. :rockin:

An Historic Estate Featuring Spectacular Entertainment on the Grounds of the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire

The BrewFest Homebrew Competition will be part of the first session of the first annual BrewFest at Mount Hope. The Homebrew Competition will give homebrewers the chance to show off their brews among a festival of 35 professional breweries. This competition is AHA/BJCP sanctioned and will follow the 2008 BJCP Style Guidelines. The Best of Show award will give homebrewers the chance to work with a professional brewer to make a batch of their winning recipe for sampling at the 2010 BrewFest.
This honor also makes their brew eligible for entry into the GABF Pro-Am Competition.
Best of Luck to All!

Questions? Contact Teresa Centini, [email protected]

Homebrewers Competition
The 1st Mt. Hope homebrew comp went very well. Considering that there was only six weeks notice, we still had 49 entries. We had ten judges including two Grand Masters judges Gordon Strong and Dave Houseman from the BJCP. B.O.S. went to Dave Manning from Berwyn, Pa for a Baltic Porter. 2nd place was Jim Williams from Jackson N.J. for a Roggenbier . 3rd was Jacob Poot from Coopersburg, Pa for an American IPA. I want to thank Chris Clair and Chad Rieker for their help in organizing my first running of a homebrew comp. I also want to thank all the other judges and stewards who made this comp possible. They all came together on short notice and made this comp happen. I expect quite a few more entries next year.

This was my first time at the Mt. Hope Fair grounds and they have quite a neat set up there. Weather turned out great and the Microbrew Fest went very well. The nice thing is that they have about 35 acres which to spread the brewfest around. It was nice having a very large open area to sample the beers from the different breweries.

Warrior

Went there and loved the festival. I entered a sour cherry stout into the comp and I guess it didn't make the cut. I will be making the same again when our cherry trees are producing late jun into July. Had a blast!

Well, I went to York and everyone wussed out (even my friend Dan)...:eek:

That's OK I spent my time at Cobblestones trying to finish up their Yuengling Porter...:drunk:
Sorry Bill, it turned out to be a very busy week! Next time your in town I'll buy you one at Cobblestone's.

Went there and loved the festival. I entered a sour cherry stout into the comp and I guess it didn't make the cut. I will be making the same again when our cherry trees are producing late jun into July. Had a blast!
Yes it was a great fest, I got to enjoy the 2nd show after running the comp during the 1st show. It was a long and fun day. Thanks for entering your beer, comps are a good way to get feedback on your beer. I look forward to next years fest and comp. I'm probably going to plan a camping trip right down the road from the faire grounds this summer. With all the craft shops I can get my wife to go along for the day while I enjoy some brews at the pub. Seems to be the only way I can get her interested in going to anything beer related.

Back