Farely well tour....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dude

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Well woke up to a NICE headline on JSOnline today.

#4 has decided to play one more year. Packer fans rejoice (or slit your wrists)!!!!

I was for him coming back, so I'm a happy camper. I'm sure the rest of the division is too (i.e. 29 INTs).

Anyway, looks like I need to start planning the "4's Ale" recipe as a tribute to "the man".

Today is a great day!!!!:rockin:

favre-lastgame1.jpg

fun fact...

The most successfull micro brewery in Mississippi is in Farve's Hometown of Kiln.

"The Lazy Magnolia Brewery"

just tryin to contribute what i can :D

ws

I just hope he front office gets off thier ass and give him some tools to work with this year. Yeah yeah yeah, 29 INTs last year and the last few years b4 that werent' real good either . . . but when you are throwing bullets at boulders they have to end up somewhere.

Get him a few decent recievers to throw to and a runing back to take some pressure off the passing game and even half of a working offensive line and he'll be fine. You can have the greatest wrench in the world but if the rest of your tool box is full of rusted worthless crap you aint going to be getting much done.

Pumbaa said:
I just hope he front office gets off thier ass and give him some tools to work with this year. Yeah yeah yeah, 29 INTs last year and the last few years b4 that werent' real good either . . . but when you are throwing bullets at boulders they have to end up somewhere.

Get him a few decent recievers to throw to and a runing back to take some pressure off the passing game and even half of a working offensive line and he'll be fine. You can have the greatest wrench in the world but if the rest of your tool box is full of rusted worthless crap you aint going to be getting much done.

Preachin to the converted and singin' to the choir bro.

I've been harping "GET A DAMN DEFENSE!!!!!!" for about 5 years now.

An AJ Hawk and a Charles Woodson would go a long way in putting Ws up for this team. Certainly they need more than that but you don't need 5 years to build a championship team anymore. Well, provided TT would get off his ass, as you stated.

hell yeah favre rules! (edit:eek:ops!)

a few years ago i was watching Packer a game (im not so much a GB fan but i love watching #4 play...im a GIANTS FAN), and the camera went to favre on the side line, just at that moment he was taking a swig of a beer! I couldnt believe it, but saw it with my own eyes...the guys in the control room must have seen it too cuz they QUICKLY switched to a different camera...

Is this suprising?

It reminded me of Kieth Hernandez smoking in the dug-out back in the day...

p.s. it was a mega-swill beer like bud (i cant remember witch one)

I actually wish he'd play a couple more years- I'd like to see him break Marino's touchdown record and I think that would take at least two more........
Gonna enjoy this year anyway even if they go into the tank again.

BTW post that recipe when you come up with it- I'll brew it!

ablrbrau said:
BTW post that recipe when you come up with it- I'll brew it!

Why don't we come up with one collectively? I know desertbrew will help out--and brew it. That makes a couple of us.

Any ideas? I want it kind of low profile--so I can give it away to my BMC drinking family/friends.

I did one last year so it was ready by opening kickoff of week 1.

Whad'dya say? :rockin:

Oh joy, the Brett Favruh Farewell Tour! Lets see, what should the Bears get him? I know, what are those little plastic things that you use to play the guitar?

Oh yeah..... Picks!

(On second thought, he gives away so many already) :D

Go Bears!

HurricaneFloyd said:
Oh joy, the Brett Favruh Farewell Tour! Lets see, what should the Bears get him? I know, what are those little plastic things that you use to play the guitar?

Oh yeah..... Picks!

(On second thought, he gives away so many already) :D

Go Bears!

ohhhh..BOOOO!!!!

That is bad....

Dude said:
Why don't we come up with one collectively? I know desertbrew will help out--and brew it. That makes a couple of us.

Any ideas? I want it kind of low profile--so I can give it away to my BMC drinking family/friends.

I did one last year so it was ready by opening kickoff of week 1.

Whad'dya say? :rockin:

Sounds good! First things first- what style to brew or at least come close to? If you want a low-profile for BMC drinker, I suppose a Pilsener is a good start. Any other ideas? If we're doing a lager, we'd best get cracking-first kickoff is only 5 months away. Still enough time tho.:ban:

ablrbrau said:
Sounds good! First things first- what style to brew or at least come close to? If you want a low-profile for BMC drinker, I suppose a Pilsener is a good start. Any other ideas? If we're doing a lager, we'd best get cracking-first kickoff is only 5 months away. Still enough time tho.:ban:

I'd prefer not to do a lager, just because I don't have the means to "lager" it.

I was kicking around the idea a while back and kind of came up with an ESB type of recipe. But I'm game for something different. It could be a porter for all I care. :p I'll post what I had in mind in my sig. Give me a few minutes. :D

Dude said:
I'd prefer not to do a lager, just because I don't have the means to "lager" it.

You're kidding. You've got that brand new rolling brewery and you don't have an old beat-up chest freezer? Time to hit some yard sales, Dude:D

Dude said:
I was kicking around the idea a while back and kind of came up with an ESB type of recipe. But I'm game for something different. It could be a porter for all I care. :p I'll post what I had in mind in my sig. Give me a few minutes. :D

Ya know, I've never drank an ESB let alone brewed one. I'd give it a go, though.:mug:

ablrbrau said:
You're kidding. You've got that brand new rolling brewery and you don't have an old beat-up chest freezer? Time to hit some yard sales, Dude:D

Yeah, the plan is to get the whole chest freezer set up with the temp controller, but that won't happen until July at the earliest. Not enough time to get a lager done before kick-off.

Dude said:
Well woke up to a NICE headline on JSOnline today.

#4 has decided to play one more year.
Dude I'm happy for you Packer fans. Favre is a class act and represents what's good about football. He does throw a lot of interceptions but that is because he is always trying to make something happen.
I was truly sorry when John Elway and the Broncos beat him in XXXII. OK not really. :D
I was in Kuwait for that game and it's the best sports event ever for me. That was a helluva game and Favre kept them in it til the end.

Pumbaa said:

I think the front office has given him plenty of tools to work with. Javon Walker- He's the biggest tool on the team. :D

Dude said:
Preachin to the converted and singin' to the choir bro.

I've been harping "GET A DAMN DEFENSE!!!!!!" for about 5 years now.

An AJ Hawk and a Charles Woodson would go a long way in putting Ws up for this team. Certainly they need more than that but you don't need 5 years to build a championship team anymore. Well, provided TT would get off his ass, as you stated.

I'm so happy about the Charles Woodson thing. I know he is not as fast as before but he is twice as good as the next Packer D-back. Aj would be a nice pick up.

By the way a have a ESB planed to go it is in the recipe section. Except I'm cutting the roasted barley. If you have any additions or subtractions on that recipe let me know.

I'm currently racking and kegging so not much thought into the brew selection tonight but I'm in... I gotta second the negative on the lager; I'm in the friggen desert! :p

Dude said:

Any ideas?

Of course, it will have to feature cheese.

Cheddar Cream Ale?
Parmesan Porter?
Cheese Curd Kolsch?
Pepper Jack Pale?
Baby Swiss Saison?

OK, I'll stop now.....

SwAMi75 said:
Of course, it will have to feature cheese.

Cheddar Cream Ale?
Parmesan Porter?
Cheese Curd Kolsch?
Pepper Jack Pale?
Baby Swiss Saison?

OK, I'll stop now.....

Ok I realize that was in fun (and pretty good, too) but it got me thinking. This brew is about Favre, right? Not about the Pack necessarily and not about us Cheeseheads. Favre is from Mississippi and if I'm not mistaken, he loves his Cajun food. Perhaps we should try to incorporate some spice into this brew. I'm not real good at formulating recipes, so whaddya think?

ablrbrau said:
Ok I realize that was in fun (and pretty good, too) but it got me thinking. This brew is about Favre, right? Not about the Pack necessarily and not about us Cheeseheads. Favre is from Mississippi and if I'm not mistaken, he loves his Cajun food. Perhaps we should try to incorporate some spice into this brew. I'm not real good at formulating recipes, so whaddya think?

Uh, no thanks. :p

Blackened ESB doesn't sound very good. ;)

I also thought about Mississippi related to this brew but couldn't think of any adjuncts that would match my tastes. Crawdads swimming in the secondary perhaps :confused:

desertBrew said:
I also thought about Mississippi related to this brew but couldn't think of any adjuncts that would match my tastes. Crawdads swimming in the secondary perhaps :confused:

One word: Possum

Whatever the brew is, it needs to go down slow and leave you feeling unsatisfied with your decision. Then, just when you think it's finally gone, it comes back again, even though most people just want it go away.

Oh, and when you open it, it sprays all over the place.

:D

HurricaneFloyd said:
Whatever the brew is, it needs to go down slow and leave you feeling unsatisfied with your decision. Then, just when you think it's finally gone, it comes back again, even though most people just want it go away.

Oh, and when you open it, it sprays all over the place.

:D

BANNED. :mad:

Dude said:
Uh, no thanks. :p

Blackened ESB doesn't sound very good. ;)

Of course when I posted that I was suggesting an entirely different style and looking for ideas. Blackened ESB doesn't sound too appealing to me either.

Back