Names Other Than "Brewery" or "Brewing Company"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheAleMaster

Reaction score
I am trying to think of other things to call a brewpub or brewery other than ending it in "brewery" or "brewing company." My name is Nick, so let's use that as an example. Things I have thought of are:

• Nick's Alehouse
  • Nick's Brewhaus
  • Nick's Brew Works
  • Nick's Ale Works

What else can you think of?

Good stuff. I should have mentioned that I would like to sell under the label sometime this year, so it definitely needs to be a marketable name.

Hmmmm. Nicks Premium, or Nicks Finest or even Nick's Fine Malts. Just thinkin out loud.
Wheelchair Bob

Technically you could say you're a tied house. Make a pun or something.

Or you could go with a more generic word like "[whatever] Industries," or "Ye Olde Vats o' [whatever]," or "[whatever]'s Awesome Beeratorium" etc.

Or be all fancy-styles and translate "brewery" into one of them crazy foreign languages like "[whatever] Braserie" (french), "[whatever] Brouwerij" (dutch), "[whatever] Bierfarejo" (esperanto)

There are a lot of names dedicated to the Ales...can a lager get a little love?

Nick's Lager Lounge

Are you doing any German style beers? You could always go with one of my hometown favorites, Nick's Rockin' Rathskeller.

As for names for specific lagers, my personal favorites are:
Nick's Jogger's Lager (if you want to appeal to the running crowd)
Nick's Logger's Lager (for the lumberjacks out there)
For the hipster crowd, you can brew Nick's Blogger Lager

I'm going with Nick's Teetotaler's Nightmare for my Barley Wine...although, since my name's not Nick, I probably won't use that... :)

Not sure of losing the brewery or brewing co. part, but I would definitely lose the "Nick" part. First names are just not as marketable or creative as other options are. First names scream "unprofessional" or "used car salesman".

I know you were just throwing the "Nick's" thing out there as a starter, but I thought I'd throw my $0.02. . .

*EDIT. . .

Just so I don't look like a jerk here's a couple suggestions more in line with what this thread was actually about. . .and I'll use "Nick's" just cause. . .:mug:

Nick's Ale House

Nick's Beer House

Nick's Brew House

Nick's Bier Haus

Nick's Ale Works

Nick's Ale Worx

Nick's Brew Works

Nick's Brew Craft

Nick's Beer Craft

Not sure of losing the brewery or brewing co. part, but I would definitely lose the "Nick" part. First names are just not as marketable or creative as other options are. First names scream "unprofessional" or "used car salesman".

I know you were just throwing the "Nick's" thing out there as a starter, but I thought I'd throw my $0.02. . .

*EDIT. . .

Just so I don't look like a jerk here's a couple suggestions more in line with what this thread was actually about. . .and I'll use "Nick's" just cause. . .:mug:

Haha. Yeah, don't look like a jerk. :p

I definitely am NOT using Nick's. It was never a thought. I just tossed it out there for the purpose of this exercise. I could've used ACME or something. But the point is, I am sick of "brewing company" or "brewery" appended to names.

Just FYI, I'm liking "brasserie" a lot.

TheAleMaster said:
I am trying to think of other things to call a brewpub or brewery other than ending it in "brewery" or "brewing company." My name is Nick, so let's use that as an example. Things I have thought of are:

[*]Nick's Alehouse
[*]Nick's Brewhaus
[*]Nick's Brew Works
[*]Nick's Ale Works

What else can you think of?

Laboratories.

Fits me as I was trained in microbiology and culture my own yeast. Fit you, maybe?

If microbiologist can throw in "laboratories, I can sure as heck throw in "[whatever] Str. Beer Clinic" or "St. [whatever] House of Beer".

Cheers!

If I ever opened a brew pub it would be named something along the line of "Nick's Fine Eatery and Drinkery"

Obviously subbing the Nick part, but going along with the theme thus far.

BrewNick
The motto: Nobody has a bigger..... (..........ummm what's the word....something that rhymes with nick.... hummmmmm)

I almost had a mad scientist schtick for mine, with the suffix "Zymurgical Institute." Decided it was too big for a label, personally. Plus, it doesn't really tell you what it is unless you know the word. Just tossing it up.

2 minutes of google-fu and made this for you:

moranis.png

Depending on religious sentiment you could use something along the line of Old Nick's Beer.

This also allows you to have fun with beer names and labels - Old Nick's Heavenly Hefe - logo of a cartoon-ized devil with a halo, Fire and Brimstone Red Ale, Pitchfork Porter...you get the idea).

Nasty Nicks Notorious Noggin Room
(Noggin is small unit of measure for alcohol, about 1/4 pint)

And variations on this:
Notorious Nick's Barrel House
Nasty Nicks Beer Joint
Nicks Noggin parlour
Noggin Nick's

My 2 cents: Brasserie doesn't say "beer" to me. Brewery or Barrel House would be better than that. I see you are in Seattle, there are so many great local place names you could pick up on:
Cougar Mountain Brewing (label pix shows sexy cougar type on snowcapped peak)
Rainier Valley Brewhouse
I just picked these off a map in a few seconds, there's plenty more....

Good Luck in your venture.
BTW, anything special about this? Unusual/Interesting beer?

Back