Not enough pumpkin spice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ddogsleezy

Reaction score
I brewed my first pumpkin spice beer (a northern brewer pumpkin smash ale extract kit). I am getting ready to rack into the keg but it has very little, if any, pumpkin spice aroma. I haven't tasted it so I'm not sure how much spice flavor is in the beer. Is there anything I can do at this stage in the game to punch up the pumpkin spice aroma/flavor a notch?

Thanks.

Let it carb up, see if you like it. If then,you don't you can take a tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice and put it into a mason jar of cheap vodka, let it sit a week or two, shaking it every day. The vodka will take on the taste and aroma of the spice. run the mixture through a coffee filter when you want to use it, then you can add however much you want to your carbed keg, a teaspoon at a time. The flavor addition should be immediate and you can dial it in where you want it.

Try making a tea (with fresh spices) and adding it to the kegged beer, then recarb. You can add a little bit at a time to get the flavor you want. Be careful when making the spice tea. 160F for 20 minutes for the steep. Let the beer sit for at least a week in the keg.

Latest posts

Back