stainless steel prep table

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rawkstar320

Reaction score
Picked up a stainless table at a yard sale last week for $25! Now I can set up and organize my basement prep area. (measuring grain, racking bottling etc)

ForumRunner_20121023_101908.jpg

nhwrecker said:
Great find! That would have been a killer deal at $100!

I was worried I wouldn't get it into my basement, so I put it on craigslist. But it all worked out so I get to keep it. Not sure how I'm going to get it out when I move though.... (I live in a rental duplex)

jsguitar said:
Wow, $25? That's a steal. (avoids obvious pun)

Haha, that's why I got it without knowing it would fit down my basement stairs! Hardly fit in my Subaru.....

Wow yah that is a great deal. They probably could have gotten more than that for it as scrap.

Yeah, I paid $130 for mine (actually an equipment table) which I was happy with. It's pretty short which is what I wanted for my electric brew stand and the length had been cut down and re-welded for a business by a local welder. The customer never picked it up so he was selling it on CL. I actually got it into my Toyota Matrix (just barely stuck out) and got it down to the basement myself, and I'm not very strong. The top comes off though, so it wasn't too bad.

prep table.jpg

Oh, I forgot to add. It was stored outside and apparently there was a wasp's nest underneath. I had little wasps coming out of there for the better part of a year!

That's what the guy I bought it from said. He was older (75 I think it what he said) and just wanted it gone. Son brought it back from the Navy lol.

Jsguitar: nice set up! I would like to build a semi auto system, but I don't have a way to vent steam from my basement - since I rent, I can't change that.

That's what the guy I bought it from said. He was older (75 I think it what he said) and just wanted it gone. Son brought it back from the Navy lol.

Jsguitar: nice set up! I would like to build a semi auto system, but I don't have a way to vent steam from my basement - since I rent, I can't change that.

I'm guessing the dryer's not down there?

jsguitar said:
I'm guessing the dryer's not down there?

laundromat....there is a laundry room(closet) upstairs, but I'm fresh out of school working my first "real" job(just 6 months in). I like to spend my money on important things like beer, my CNC machine and my motorcycles. Washer/dryers are things of luxury. :)

Gotcha'

I vent steam though my nearby dryer vent so I was thinking you might could do the same if you had to or were able to.

:mug:

I can understand that. Hm how much material is there between the top of the basement and the outside? Sometimes if you luck out and there's an uninsulated plywood to the outside, it's super easy and quick to punch a hole with a 4" holesaw and slap in a dryer vent. Just do it sometime when no one is around, or dress up like a contractor. It would take only a few minutes and give a spot?

Oh or are there any slide open windows or ventilation down there? Maybe you could fit one of those adapter plates into it like for indoor portable air conditioners.

That's a good idea. if I stay here long enough, I'll find a way.

Until then, no more sanitizing a kitchen just to bottle! Woohoo

Back