Draft Beverage System

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sneezye

Reaction score
I was trying to hold out on posting until this project was completely finished but I am not sure when that will happen right now. So.. here's what I have so far:
https://picasaweb.google.com/105959093903492783467/DraftBeverageSystem#

New Frigidaire 7.2 Freezer (won a 100 gift card that covered half of that)
Ebay temperature controller
2 Perlick 525PC (when I have more expendable income, I'll add 2 525SS to compare longevity)
7lb CO2 tank (I love the size of this thing)
Dual Regulator
2 ball lock corny kegs and connectors(thank you High Gravity!)
Sanke coupler
3mm LEDs from Radio Shack. Much cheaper and better looking than the under cabinet kits they sell at the home stores.

I have right at $450 invested in the total project at this point.
My wife and I bought this house a few months ago and there was no kitchen. The previous owners took it with them. After spending so much money putting in a pretty new kitchen, SWMBO wasn't about to let me "ugly" the place up with a standalone keezer so I tried to integrate the thing as much as possible. I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out and I just wanted to share it here since this is where I got most of my beer education. Thanks HBT! :mug:

I foresee someone accidentally loosing a beer when the garage door is suddenly opened. :D

Only problem I see. Is most fire coeds require a certain burn rating between garage and living spaces. Removing the one layer of sheetrock and insulation.

Well done sir. Very professional & finished looking.

PS - love the 4Runner in the garage with Dueler tires. (I have a 4Runner w/Dueler tires)

I might use that to plan my in the wall tap system I've been dreaming of. That looks wide enough for you to have to cut through a stud in the wall? I was thinking about fitting one between the studs, but that looks good.

Great looking system! I have the same freezer. Did you attempt to even look at adjusting the internal thermostat like some others have done?

Thanks guys. This does span two stud bays, so I did have to put in a header when I cut the stud away. I didn't mess with the internal thermostat because I like the ease of the controller. Before summer rolls around, I will insulate the pvc pipes. The tiny fan I got moves a lot of air (31cfm) and does a great job at keeping the faucets cold. I originally had it mounted in the same box as the taps but the noise was too loud in the kitchen so I moved it into the keezer.
I really need to get a drip tray on this thing. I was thinking about getting the Bar Products drip tray and cutting it down to fit (my space is 18" and the Bar Products tray is 19.5"). Anyone have experience with that tray?

Not to be a party pooper, but you might want to have it inspected. A lot of places have fire codes that prevent compromising the fire barrier between an attached garage and the house.

Otherwise it looks amazing. Congrats.

Not to be a party pooper, but you might want to have it inspected. A lot of places have fire codes that prevent compromising the fire barrier between an attached garage and the house.

Otherwise it looks amazing. Congrats.

Beer is fireproof :D

Thanks guys. This does span two stud bays, so I did have to put in a header when I cut the stud away. I didn't mess with the internal thermostat because I like the ease of the controller. Before summer rolls around, I will insulate the pvc pipes. The tiny fan I got moves a lot of air (31cfm) and does a great job at keeping the faucets cold. I originally had it mounted in the same box as the taps but the noise was too loud in the kitchen so I moved it into the keezer.
I really need to get a drip tray on this thing. I was thinking about getting the Bar Products drip tray and cutting it down to fit (my space is 18" and the Bar Products tray is 19.5"). Anyone have experience with that tray?

I just got this tray in the mail, great tray overall and no complaints. I don't see why you would pay more for anything else.

Although this may or may not be up to fire code (state dependent), if I were to arrive on scene of a working fire...I can promise you I will do everything I can to prevent that fire from touching your beer. Might create too much foam/warm beer and we dont want that

looks great.....the only thing I would consider doing is to do "T" your draft lines and do faucets directly through the collar as well. I can't imagine having such a sweet set up and having to walk inside to get a beer.

Back