Atlanta Area Group Buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Then i will stick to 2 bags ( plus my wife will probably get pissed if I have 150 pounds of grain in the closet)

1 bag of pilsener and 1 bag of Golden Promise if they have it. (Otherwise Maris Otter.)

Do you have enough interest in these replies to move on to the next step? I count 20 bags on page 5&6 alone. In cases where a person said '2 bags, maybe 3', I counted that as the lower number.
One thing I could suggest, though, is to not open up the entire inventory of the seller. We did a couple of pallets back in March, and just sorting them into types of malt (pale, Maris Otter, pilsner, etc.) was a chore. We would have up to three bags of malt from different companies, and because of limited space, we had to group them. Just pick a malt, such as 2 Row, and choose one company, such Briess, to get it from.
Our vendor had to make some substitutions, and that complicated the picture, so just let the potential buyers know they might not actually get the exact malt they were looking for.

Is it too late to get in on this group by...I need several bags. I have not gone through the entire listing but could use 4 bags of 2 row, 1 bag of munich and 1 bag of Vienna...Anyone have a price list and where it is being ordered?

specifically, i would like to have 2-bags pilsner, 2-bags pale ale or something similar...then of course the Munich and Vienna.

Sorry guys, I have been busy starting a new job. I'll post up a spreadsheet and a paypal account this weekend on INHBC.org to move forward with the buy. We will only be getting whatever North Country Malt sells and if I don't know you I won't be buying your grain without you paying upfront. No insult intended to anyone, but it is a lot of trouble to do without having to put money up for people.

FYI, You have to join the club to see the thread about the buy.

Sorry guys, I have been busy starting a new job. I'll post up a spreadsheet and a paypal account this weekend on INHBC.org to move forward with the buy. We will only be getting whatever North Country Malt sells and if I don't know you I won't be buying your grain without you paying upfront. No insult intended to anyone, but it is a lot of trouble to do without having to put money up for people.

I got a couple PMs about the buy above. The "club" is INHBC.org or Insert Name Here Brew Club. The spreadsheet will have the prices on it, but it varies a bit until the order is final. Most Base grains average around $30/sack delivered to my house or whereever.

No offense taken.

Thanks for doing this.

I got a couple PMs about the buy above. The "club" is INHBC.org or Insert Name Here Brew Club. The spreadsheet will have the prices on it, but it varies a bit until the order is final. Most Base grains average around $30/sack delivered to my house or whereever.

Is this going to happen, or is it done? I joined your forum, but couldn't see anything pertaining to a group buy this year.

Is this going to happen, or is it done? I joined your forum, but couldn't see anything pertaining to a group buy this year.

Sorry, it is already closed. I am placing the order as soon as NCM gets back to me. You may not have full access to the forum if you can't see a "group buy" section.

So did this already happen? If so, can anyone in North Atlanta recommend somewhere to get a reasonably priced bag of grain? The lowest I have seen will be over $60. I am in the Roswell area, but would be willing to drive a ways if needed.

Thanks.

Skeeze, Brewmasters Warehouse will sell you a 50-55lbs sack of uncrushed Briess 2 Row for about $50. Maris Otter is a bit more expensive. It's not as good as a group buy, but it's better than normal.

next grain order, please count me in four or five bags. looks like I have a source for hop products. 1 pound minimum on the hop pellets.

Send me a price list of what you got assuming that they are this year's crop. Next group buy will probably be around feb-mar.

Looking to get in in this on the next round. I live in Dahlonega but am willing to make the drive as I have a lot of friends in the atl area. Can someone send me a list of what the prices were like for 2 row this time around?
Pm me I guess.

Marlowefire said:
Looking to get in in this on the next round. I live in Dahlonega but am willing to make the drive as I have a lot of friends in the atl area. Can someone send me a list of what the prices were like for 2 row this time around?
Pm me I guess.

Anyone??

I need a few hundred pounds of grain...Can I get in on the next one? :)

I'd like to get in on the next group by as well. I'm in East Atlanta. Would probably be in for 1 sack of 2 row and possibly split a speciality with someone. I could maybe do more if we needed to fill out a pallet.

Back