• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WANTED: 5 Gallon Ball Lock Corny - Boston

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

enthuzed

Reaction score
I would prefer to stay local, but willing to settle for a good price if shipping is involved.

Thanks!

Good luck. Around here they're over priced on craig's list. After waiting long enough for a good deal I just gave up and picked one up for $50ish at the LHBS.

You've just got to keep looking. If you're just looking to buy 1 or 2, you're going to pay $50-60 for it at most any LHBS. I don't think they're over-priced, it's what they're selling for nation-wide (if you can find them). I've obtained some of mine through buying a complete set-up that someone else was selling - kegerator, CO2 tank, etc - keeping the kegs and selling the rest of the stuff off.

Prices on kegs is way up from where they were a couple of years ago but I doubt we'll see them come back down.

enthuzed: I kind of over-bought last time (of course, if I get rid of any, I'm sure I'll run out and wish I had them again). What are you looking to trade for one?

enthuzed: I kind of over-bought last time (of course, if I get rid of any, I'm sure I'll run out and wish I had them again). What are you looking to trade for one?

To be honest I was just looking to buy one and didn't want to post it under *For Sale, because I wasn't selling anything. But if you get rid of any I will pay cash.

Ah.

I wasn't really looking to sell (I wouldn't want to lose money on them having only recently bought, and you probably want to buy it for less than market price), but was open for a trade depending on what was up.

Good luck in your search!

enthuzed said:
To be honest I was just looking to buy one and didn't want to post it under *For Sale, because I wasn't selling anything. But if you get rid of any I will pay cash.

I buy my at Jasper's in Nashua for $57

We just did a group buy that was dilivered in Lawrence ma and the price came to $32 each plus a little change. So far everyone has been happy with them after using them for the last month.

If you can drum up enough people it gets cheap to buy in bulk and then split it when it gets here.

The price on kegs jumped pretty quickly by $15-20/unit. LHBS near me has a TON of ball-lock kegs... but he wants $60 each for them.

My LHBS charges $70 for used ball lock kegs, rinsed with new o-rings. I did some searching and found McEvers Distibutors in New Smyrna Beach, Fl and picked up 4 for $116 out the door. I had to clean them and put o-rings on them, but I couldn't beat the savings. He has probably over a thousand in stock, $29 each with some dings and stickers and $39 that have no stickers and are in excellent shape. He has a eBay listing under "soda syrup kegs" and offers all kinds of price breaks on multiples and shipping. Very nice guy, you should check them out.

My LHBS charges $70 for used ball lock kegs, rinsed with new o-rings. I did some searching and found McEvers Distibutors in New Smyrna Beach, Fl and picked up 4 for $116 out the door. I had to clean them and put o-rings on them, but I couldn't beat the savings. He has probably over a thousand in stock, $29 each with some dings and stickers and $39 that have no stickers and are in excellent shape. He has a eBay listing under "soda syrup kegs" and offers all kinds of price breaks on multiples and shipping. Very nice guy, you should check them out.

Thanks for the info allenH! Will have to check him out.

Hey there. I just moved to the Brighton Area and I work in Newton. Was wondering if anyone needed a hand when making a brew I'm young and strong so I can help lift what ever is heavy or if you'd like company thats fine too.

I have been brewing for a little while but I'm still learning. Just recently made 2 gallons of Jasmin Elder flower wine. First batch I made since I moved up from West Virginia.

Thanks a lot
Dan

P.S. I know its off topic but I figured I'd message ya'll while you Bostonian are here :D

enthuzed said:
Thanks for the info allenH! Will have to check him out.

No problem. There are only 2 guys working there and they have some amazing hours (10-4 M-F closed from 12-1 for lunch), but they always respond back to calls/emails. Also, if you go the eBay route and you get a crazy shipping quote, give him a call and he will figure out a better shipping option for you.

Try Real City Soda in Boston. That is where I got mine for dirt cheap. Still had soda in them, and needed to be reconditioned, but well worth the money. I bought mine about 5 years ago and I wanna say I paid about $20 a piece.

Try Real City Soda in Boston. That is where I got mine for dirt cheap. Still had soda in them, and needed to be reconditioned, but well worth the money. I bought mine about 5 years ago and I wanna say I paid about $20 a piece.

Not to say he shouldn't try, but I know my LHBS guy, 5 years ago, was getting his kegs from them as well (he'd recondition them and sell them for $35). He can't get them anymore... I believe real city was changing over to bag-n-box and that's why they were selling the kegs... can only suspect that they're fully changed over now.

I don't know, I just picked up 6 kegs as part of a parts buy from a local CL add. I grabbed 6 kegs, 6 taps w/shanks, all hoses and fittings, 5# bottle, 15# bottle, regulators, temp controller, and a keezer for $450. I figured I would have bought the kegs and taps for that price eventually anyway. An extra fridge is always handy.

The deals happen. I didn't haggle with the seller because it was a very fair deal. This is what it was. http://gulfport.craigslist.org/app/3172239246.html. I'd keep checking CL for the local cities near you.

I bought two used ball locks from Beverage Elements at $29 each. I don't remember the shipping charge but overall a good deal, they ship out of Wyoming Minnesota. They are the one handled ones. I'm pleased with them. Here's a link to their site. http://www.bvrgelements.com/category/Keg/

EDIT: Looks like shipping is around $21 to Boston.

Back