HTC Evo/Android software

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riored4v

Reaction score
I came up with a couple threads on a search, but I guess i'm looking for a more specific answer than what I found.

I just picked up an EVO so I want to be able to use it on my brewdays. Looking for an app that i can put together recipes, has a timer and am able to upload my files to beersmith if i decide to.

Is there anything out there like that?

I haven't found a recipe calculator for my droid yet, but I have Brewzor and homebrew calculator on mine. They both have some nice features. I mostly use brewzor's refractometer convertor.

I haven't found anything to import or use beersmith on mine. I did once go online on my phone to beercalculus.com, and do a recipe on there.

I haven't found a recipe calculator for my droid yet, but I have Brewzor and homebrew calculator on mine. They both have some nice features. I mostly use brewzor's refractometer convertor.

I haven't found anything to import or use beersmith on mine. I did once go online on my phone to beercalculus.com, and do a recipe on there.

I guess i'm mainly trying to find a way to transfer recipes back and forth, and then take advantage of a brewing timer.

I saw Brewzor in the market and it seemed pretty good, but just noticed there was no formulator for the recipes.

Maybe I'm looking at trying to go about using this the wrong way. How do you use yours on brew days?

Riored4V,
I have a new incredible.
Like Revvy, I have Brezor and hb calc on mine. Both are good programs (really like brewzor) but I don't use them much. Maybe it is just the thought of hot wort / mash mess on my new phone.
I do use the refractometer tool and have used the phone's timer but that is about it. And, I have played more than a few games of Heavy Gunner or jewels during the boil or mash (very nice). I guess it would be handy if you needed some on-the-fly temp corrections or water additions, but what kind of calculations do you need?
Even with screen protector and case I would much rather use my timex watch as a timer than to put my fingers on the touch screen. I can't just rinse that off if it gets messy
Sorry for the lack of help but for me, a paper print out of the recipe can't be beat for ease of use and note taking.

jason

I use a generic stop watch app during boils. The timer on hb calc is difficult to imput info it, and if you tilt it to landscape mode to use the keyboard it crashes. On brewzor I mostly just use the refractometer convertor to convert the brix to specific gravity.

I would love a beersmith app. so I could call up my recipes, and make changes on the fly for recipes.

thanks for the info guys. i decided to download both these apps last night. i liked a couple of the features each of them had, despite no recipe formulation. hopefully one will come out with that so i can play around at work..lol

good to know about not going to landscape with hb calc

For a timer, I find OI Countdown to be everything I need. Set up as many timers as you have additions to the boil. One timer triggers the next.

I use homebrew calculator on my Droid, but it does not do everything that you are looking for. It is helpful for temp calculations for mashing and boil timing, but apart from that there is not much else that I use it for. Thanks for the tip about Brewzor

Look for Brewer by Organic Droid.

Summary: Manage your Batches and Recipes of Beer on your Android device. Create and forumlate new Recipes for brewing batches or just to share with your friends at the next homebrew meeting. Now with Twitter integration.

I dunno if it will be everything you need, but it's a start.

Back