Backyard Brewpub

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
all total, about 100k

:drunk:

Um....wow. Is that in total, with appliances and everything going into it, or is that just so far?

Either way, props to you for having that kind of money to throw at a brew "hut!"

<snark>
Also, you suck. :p I'm going to ninja that brewhut the moment it's done. :D
</snark>

All total when done.
Fridges,freezers, stove,grill,tvs, everything.
Yes, I feel lucky to be able to build it.
I don't have a boat, camp, don't gamble, and the wife and I work hard.
This is our payback.
And our 25th anniversary present to each other.

I think that's a fitting reward for 25 years of hard work!

And I cannot wait to see what it looks like inside and out when it's done. I'd love to see what just under 2 years of my salary can buy! :eek:

Congratulations on your 25 years together, that is quite an accomplishment. I can't wait to seen the finished product.

Congratulations on your 25 years together, that is quite an accomplishment. I can't wait to seen the finished product.

pigskinp.gif

What's going in the attic? That just storage for the brewing equipment when not in use or storage in general? Pretty sweet build, I'm jealous... Congrats on the 25 years too, excellent way to celebrate.

A shower?
Reminds me of the old "Cheese Shop" Monty Python skit.
"This is a brew pub, is it not?"

Awesome.

And I have to say, this project is just incredible. Had to subscribe.
You are my hero!

A shower?
Reminds me of the old "Cheese Shop" Monty Python skit.
"This is a brew pub, is it not?"

Awesome.

Its also next to a pool...

Great job man, I can't wait til this thing is finished. It will make justifying such a project in my future easier to my significant other a little easier...

When is the HBT conference going to take place there? I have to set up the flight in advance. Or maybe the Pol can just run around the country picking everyone up? :ban:

Dang, too bad I live 30 miles North of Layne (not really) because I would love to be chauffered around the skies by the Pol.
An HBT conference?? Now that would be one hell of a Brewday!! Can that swimming pool sub for a Mashtun?

<--- Super jealous

It's really coming along, I'm so excited to see the rest of the build.. it's going to be amazing!

Sheetrock is finished.
We found out through the grape vine, about a house about an hour from here that was being remodeled.
We made an offer on the 'pecky' cypress, and bought it!
We have enough to build my bar, frame the windows and doors, and we'll see from there.
What a find!
trailerofcypress.jpg
[/IMG]

Layne,
That is one hell of a find and a great idea. What better way to add a touch of Louisiana to the Brewpub???
How is that DeKoninck doing?

I'm so excited about the cypress find.
The DeKoninck has been in the primary for 2 weeks. I plan to check the gravity tonight, and expect it to be ready to keg tomorrow. I'm sure it's finished, that yeast rocked for a few days, and has really settled out nicely over the past week. It looks good enough to drink!
What about the Dunkelweisen?

I will tap the Dunkelweisen this afternoon about 5pm. Just enough time to get primed for the LSU/Ark game.
The sample(s) tasted great!
One fementer came in at 1.010/5.74%abv (Wyeast 3333 German Wheat) and the other came in at 1.008/6%abv (Wyeast 3068 Weihenstephan Weizen)
The 3068 Weihenstephan Weizen definitely had more fruity esters and was what I was shooting for. But, the 3333 was still great.
I am carbing the 3068 Weihenstephan Weizen first......

Yeah I do.
Both were in the carboy for 12 days. The 3333 German Wheat was about 8 hours behind the 3068 Weihenstephan Weizen in getting started. Both went nuts though eventually blowing out and requiring blowoff hoses.
I have read that these yeasts are known for vigorous fermentations but also, this was my first stab and aeration. Both were aerated with a Walmart Aquarium stone using the Oxygen bottle from my cutting torch rig. Kinda crude but it was my first go around. Still better than shaking each carboy for 8 minutes in a chair.
I will have a growler at the meeting on Thursday!!!

the frame for the bar, and the half wall that will separate the kitchen from the rest of the room is up. Things are rolling pretty fast now!
barframeandwallforkitchen.jpg
[/IMG]

I already see a nice little corner where I can belly up!! Dont forget the footrail for those of us who are uncoordinated!!!!

I already see a nice little corner where I can belly up!! Dont forget the footrail for those of us who are uncoordinated!!!!
My wife made a comment last night at a bar. Some bar have little hooks in front of where your knees are. These are great for woman to hang their purses and not have them in everyone's way. a nice cheap little touch that really adds a lot IMO. I think your bar is large enough scale for something like this.

this looks amazing. when can we all fly out and enjoy it?
Seriously.

Back