Makin Bacon

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewBlood

Reaction score
Well i just finished up making bacon. This was a sample batch for all my co-workers to try before ordering. I ended up with 100#'s of orders. Waaaay more than I expected. I ate some with a jar of Hard Cider and it was quite yummy.
\
FRESHSIDE.jpg

smoke3.jpg

slicedslab.jpg

CLARITY.jpg

I sold it for $6 lb sliced. $7.00 sliced and sealed

I bought all my side from a local butcher $2.29 lb.

Mortons Tender Quick and Dark Brown Sugar and one more ingredient...ratios are a secret just in case I want to open a business someday.
That was my wifes idea, she is so much smarter than me.

Thats not too bad of a deal. Alot of factory processed grocery store bacon goes for $4+ a Lb around here.

I've spoiled most here at work. They say they wont ever be able to eat store bought again. They may keep me in business full time. I've been making bacon straight since Thanksgiving. I smoke on Saturday and slice on Sunday.

I have never tried smoking my own but if you want to mail order some of the best bacon anywhere try Nueske's

Their sliced is great but for some reason if you buy the slab and slice it at home it's even better.

Back