Labels

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Romeo

Reaction score
What does it take to legalize with a label my beer. Does anyone has try to go semi-commercial?
Creat and sell your own beer.
Thanks for replying best for 2013.

GoldMiner said:
Takes a lot more than labels.

A lot more.

Do you steps from going home brewer to semi commercial or if it exist home brewer can creat legal labels for selling over 100 gallon per year..

Romeo,
The answer to your question will differ greatly by location. In most US states, you can NOT sell your homebrew. Federally, and even at the state level, you MUST have a Manufacturer's License to brew beer you intend to sell. And even then, in many states, you can't be both the brewer and distributor. (Some states regulate brewpubs who sell by the glass ON PREMISES differently than "package manufacturers" who sell bottles that will be consumed off site)

I highly recommend you look up the laws in your locality.

masterfool101 said:
Romeo,
The answer to your question will differ greatly by location. In most US states, you can NOT sell your homebrew. Federally, and even at the state level, you MUST have a Manufacturer's License to brew beer you intend to sell. And even then, in many states, you can't be both the brewer and distributor. (Some states regulate brewpubs who sell by the glass ON PREMISES differently than "package manufacturers" who sell bottles that will be consumed off site)

I highly recommend you look up the laws in your locality.

I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to answer me. I will make my own reasearch for Florida law and in particular for Miami.
Thanks again happy new year 2013 and brew great beer...;)

Back