time to play the "can you name this style by the pictures" game.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mcbethenstein said:
Baltic porter
This IS a BJCP-defined style, so hint #2 rules it out. Besides, it was already mentioned.

brandonhagen1 said:
octoberfest
Ditto on this being a BJCP-defined style. It's also not the broader style I mentioned, as it's not normally black. Hint #2 actually rules it out twice.

And hint #1 rules it out a third time... since the broader style/category (Oktoberfest/European Amber Lager) all use lager yeast as well.

So this guess really couldn't be more wrong...

pwndabear said:
black-toberfest
Again, the broader style of your guess is not normally black.

edmanster said:
steam stout
This is pretty much on the right track. I don't know if steam stout is an actual style, but at least it follows all of the conditions established by the hints.

passedpawn said:
woops... hope noone saw that (I just edited / removed my guess)... I already guessed today. Darn, I think I had it too!

I think I have it too... If only I hadn't thrown away today's guess.

Boleslaus said:
Is it one guess per day or one guess per day per beer?

One guess per day per beer, but to be fair, I'm giving everyone another guess every time I add a hint, which I'll give the third one in about 2.5 hours.

passedpawn said:
woops... hope noone saw that (I just edited / removed my guess)... I already guessed today. Darn, I think I had it too!

mcbethenstein said:
I think I have it too... If only I hadn't thrown away today's guess.

Well, I didn't even get a chance to see it, but it might be a race between you two, as I'll give everyone another guess after hint number 3 around 6:00EDT

KingBrianI said:
Sounds like a foreign extra stout to me... ;)

Yeah, you were close, but I made it very clear that FES was too broad an answer :)

Ok. So I'm at work and only have 1 pic. Same style, one's a clone attempt and one's the real deal. Hint: part of the malt bill is in the name.

photo101.JPG

They actually all follow the hint (pale ale malt, amber malt, brown malt), but I think I know it now... should have known immediately just by the picture actually (I'm guessing the real deal is on the right?)

too bad I used up my guess :)

They actually all follow the hint (pale ale malt, amber malt, brown malt), but I think I know it now... too bad I used up my guess :)

Yeah I realized that after the first guess of amber... my bad. Let's just say its in the grain bill and its not barley.

Back