Brewhemoth conicals?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why would Brewhemoth want to enter the market when smaller fermenters are already available with many manufactures selling them?
Most brewers I know have expanded to larger capacities beyond those 14.5 gallon ferms the 22 gallon Brewhemoth fits this need as well in price.
I worked with a POS keg I rolled a cone on and tigged together, it will be given to a friend starting out.
With the great price Dale and Josh are offering plus built like a tank what's to hate?
I looked at a $799 on sale 27 gallon ferm long ago, I would of felt fleased if purchased as I didn't like it's features, "weld-free" fittings a PITA take apart plus the large $28 seal replacements more to go wrong or leak over time JMO.
Good thing I waited then these 22 gallon units became available, great timing I can have two I like vs one I would not like plus around 40 gallons net.
I will tell it like it is: I have the one you mentioned with the weld-free PITA fittings and gasket. It was my standard fermenter. Then I was lucky and won the Brewhemoth in the HHHC. After taking possession of the Brewhemoth, my other stainless conical is for sale. It is a piece of junk compared to the Brewhemoth. SOOOO for anyone wanting a 14 Gallon Fermenator, I have one I want to get rid of!

I will tell it like it is: I have the one you mentioned with the weld-free PITA fittings and gasket. It was my standard fermenter. Then I was lucky and won the Brewhemoth in the HHHC. After taking possession of the Brewhemoth, my other stainless conical is for sale. It is a piece of junk compared to the Brewhemoth. SOOOO for anyone wanting a 14 Gallon Fermenator, I have one I want to get rid of!

What brand fermentor is the one you want to sell? I'm interested. I would love a Behemith, but not sure I can do it right now.

Your PM box is full.

I want to say the prototype one that is shown (in the pic with Dale) is about 44"...which is about 6.5" shorter than the normal one. But don't quote me on the height...I am off work this week and don't want to go in to measure it (they'd probably put me to work!).

boo boo, any dislikes about your Stout fermenter? I'm considering one.

Nope, I absolutly love mine. I guess the only dislike I could imagine
is not being able to afford two of them.

But a buddy of mine sent me a plastic conical he got off Kijiji and that one is good considering the price I paid for it :D but with threaded fittings, it makes it harder to insure that it is as clean as a tri-clamp.

After adding my own butterfly valve ...

Dunno if you have one already but check out this sexy biatch that I have at the bottom of my fermenter. The body is held together by a tri-clamp instead of bolts, so its easy to disassemble every time. In use it's actually not 'extremely' easy to get back together, but easy enough. It'll probably break in (the silicone seal) better over time.

It's from StPats @ $75.

UltraSanitaryValve.jpg

Dunno if you have one already but check out this sexy biatch that I have at the bottom of my fermenter. The body is held together by a tri-clamp instead of bolts, so its easy to disassemble every time. In use it's actually not 'extremely' easy to get back together, but easy enough. It'll probably break in (the silicone seal) better over time.

It's from StPats @ $75.

I saw those valves as well standard bolt together butterfly valves, noticed their replacement seals fit their valves only not standard Tri-Clover butterfly valves.
Stout Tanks has a 1 1/2" butterfly valve lists $50, seal replacement years later from China? They will be making plastic Santa's or cars by then.
I'll locate Tri-Clover valves I know replacement seals will be available for a long time.
Thanks for posting.

Check these out as a fermenter, listed available in 26, 39, 44, 52, 66 on up in gallons, steel dimple jacketed, I bet not cheap.
http://www.aaronequipment.com/UsedEquipment/Reactors/Stainless+Steel+Reactors.html

I saw those valves as well standard bolt together butterfly valves, noticed their replacement seals fit their valves only not standard Tri-Clover butterfly valves.

Did not know that. Well, I'm sure StPats will still be in business when plastic Santas fly. Didn't know that there was a "standard butterfly valve" and would suspect that you have to get a seal from whom ever you bought it from anyways.

You can take the piece off that is the locking mechanism. Not the second handle but the geared thingy.

Is there a projected price on the conicals that include temp control that the Brewhemoth guys have talked about? Is that going to be a standard option or special order only?

Does anyone have a 1 1/2" Tri-valve they can measure as i'm looking for the port centerline to valve outside body measurement?

Mine (the one I posted about earlier) is 3" total, so 1.5" if that is what your asking.

I'm sure you're going to pressure test soon, right....? Let us know.

I was wondering about the weld quality. The pictures on the website don't look incredible but you can only see the kettle welds, there aren't any pics for the fermenter welds. I'm fine with the kettle welds being non polished, but a fermenter's welds should be smooth like baby butt, IMO.

That the valves maximum body diameter of 3" correct?

If allowing 1 1/2" ground clearance using 3" diameter (1 1/2" butterfly valve body diameter) to ground the the Brewhemoth off the bare welded 4" Tri-Clamp I get a height
of 34 1/2". Add a 4" cap with short 90 degree fittings I bet a Brewhemoth can fit into a 36" tall fridge space or other compartments. It would fit inside my 1947 Philco fridge without modifying the fridge.

BrewBeemer, would you mind posting a few photos? For all of us living vicariously through you!! For now anyway.....

That the valves maximum body diameter of 3" correct?

If allowing 1 1/2" ground clearance using 3" diameter (1 1/2" butterfly valve body diameter) to ground the the Brewhemoth off the bare welded 4" Tri-Clamp I get a height
of 34 1/2". Add a 4" cap with short 90 degree fittings I bet a Brewhemoth can fit into a 36" tall fridge space or other compartments. It would fit inside my 1947 Philco fridge without modifying the fridge.

Oh, I see what your asking.. clearance to the ground.

Moot point then unless you're getting my valve. It's more like 2 inches and the plus a little more cause the tri-clamp body screw is a little more than that.

You know I was looking at that kettle, Josh and Dale, and you could put a false bottom in that, jacket insulate it and create a MASH TUN capable of holding mash temp and able to make large batches. PLEASE work on that idea and tell me when I can place my order for one!!!!
Steve

Subscribed. Interesting. I may be in for one once the chilling thing is worked out and on the market. That would be the only way I could use it as it will not fit in my freezer.

I have a question about the immersion chiller: I have considered this before but had concerns about sanitation and yeast/sediment collecting on the coils, especially when racking.

Have you guys tested these and have you seen any issues?

Thanks,

-Joe

You know I was looking at that kettle, Josh and Dale, and you could put a false bottom in that, jacket insulate it and create a MASH TUN capable of holding mash temp and able to make large batches.
This. I have been searching for an insulated s/s mash tun - or any insulated stainless vessel to convert to one - and no one in the US seems to manufacture one. I found some in the UK, but nothing available here.

-Joe

We tested out the Brewhemoth under pressure today. It held over 150 psi. One can easily carbonate in this. Check out our Face Book page for photos of the test.

Dr. Spanky gives his seal of approval.:rockin:Yes, now we can fully naturally carbonate to 2.5 volumes at 96 degrees.
I'll go ask the White Labs folks to start working on a yeast for us:p

This is awesome guys. I think the folks over at the pressure-ferment thread would want to know - I'll mention it. I'm not a guru, just a disciple.

I can't wait to see your jacketing solution. Here's to hoping you can make it sexy and not $$$$.

Wish I hadn't blown all my dough already on fermenters. I'd be in for one of those. Maybe in the future.:confused:

I can do that..... with my 15.5 gallon Cornelius keg.... :fro:

(actually, I think corny's are 130 PSI)

SankePanke, that's a great trick morphing your Synergy brewing systems 15.5gallon 60 psi max bier keg fermenter into a Cornelius keg with its pressure ratings. I know a 5 gallon corny wall thickness is only .025" or 23 to 24 gauge thick.

Can you morph me a couple 1967 Honda Civics into 917 Long Tail and Short Tail Porsches for me, i'll take both please.

I see your happy with your purchase as you own a Synergy fermeter,
i'm happy with a Brewhemoth hence I have one, make it a second one in the near future. Prost.

SankePanke, that's a great trick morphing your Synergy brewing systems 15.5gallon 60 psi max bier keg fermenter into a Cornelius keg with its pressure ratings. I know a 5 gallon corny wall thickness is only .025" or 23 to 24 gauge thick.

Can you morph me a couple 1967 Honda Civics into 917 Long Tail and Short Tail Porsches for me, i'll take both please.

I see your happy with your purchase as you own a Synergy fermeter,
i'm happy with a Brewhemoth hence I have one, make it a second one in the near future. Prost.

Yikes! Um, I have both. My 15 gal corny is my second fermenter/lager vessel.

I didn't mean to rub anyone the wrong way. Didn't know this was an owners only club. As I mentioned, I'd like to purchase one in the future if I could, but I'm spent for now. I'll take my leave, then. Great job brewhemoth - I knew it was a pressure worthy design.

When we did the water chilling test, I placed 9 gallons of water in a Brehemoth, The coils were 2 inches obove the water line, which in a ten gallon batch, will leave one loop out of the water. Will do a real beer test this weekend, which will have me doing a ten gallon batch (closer to 11 gallons wort, want ten gallons in the kegs at the end, planning on loosing some to trub/yeast dumps and hydrometer samples) so it should be fully submerged. Time will tell. The next one made will be deeper, with more coils, the first was made out of scrap tubing.

My thinking the coils should be fully submerged even after trub and sampling were removed for a 5 gallon net batch.
On larger batches the reason purchased the Brewhemoth it would be great if more coils were added to have the ability to fully remove exothermic heat generated by 18 plus gallon batches. Details make for a great product your onto something great you can make it work.
A three piece zippered jacket, bottom conical, body and top I bet would also help. JMO's.

Well these do look good. Might have to sell off my 14G blichmanns. Oh and I don't think they made civics 'till the 70s....

How does the top port work if you don't get a 4'' tc custom?

Well these do look good. Might have to sell off my 14G blichmanns. Oh and I don't think they made civics 'till the 70s....

How does the top port work if you don't get a 4'' tc custom?

In a quick answer, BrewBeemer is right. It is a 4" cap, with gasket, held down by an adjustable clamp. This method will not hold much more than 8 PSI, though...but still works well for standard fermentation.

Check out the website www.brewhemoth.com for a little more detailed picture!

Thanks for checking out our stuff!! :rockin:

Cheers!
Josh

Back