Salt in my beer - lots of it. Any hope?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm bringing this thread back to life, because I'm still interested in what you did.

C'mon man, spill the beans

I'm curios now....

from swmbo....
He's trying his best to not put all the blame on me...but as a swmbo, it was quite the sweet revenge and you all better be careful because I'd recommend this type of sabotage to any home brewers wives or girlfriends. I'll let you know that this weekend would commemorate the week where that particular brew would have been finished and he has brought it to my attention how sweet it would be to be sipping a fine home brewed ale right now but...I will have the last laugh in that!!!

from swmbo....
He's trying his best to not put all the blame on me...but as a swmbo, it was quite the sweet revenge and you all better be careful because I'd recommend this type of sabotage to any home brewers wives or girlfriends. I'll let you know that this weekend would commemorate the week where that particular brew would have been finished and he has brought it to my attention how sweet it would be to be sipping a fine home brewed ale right now but...I will have the last laugh in that!!!

Little does she know... she's enjoyed a few dinners marinated in "SWMBO's Revenge". Ha! She knows now (can't believe I showed her this message board)...

She sounds EVIL.... A HBT "Exorcism" is required. This involves the "Posessed" showing her breasts and asking for forgiveness, while you chant "The power of Beer COMPELLS you"

We, in turn offer her forgiveness.. if she shows good boobies.

She sounds EVIL.... A HBT "Exorcism" is required. This involves the "Posessed" showing her breasts and asking for forgiveness, while you chant "The power of Beer COMPELLS you"

We, in turn offer her forgiveness.. if she shows good boobies.

+1 on breast exposure :p

YES. Bottle this into 2L bottles and you will have instant brining solution for some of the BEST tasting Chicken and Turkey in the world!!!!

ALSO remember that it's almost tailgating season... and all those bratwursts coming off the grill have to stay warm somehow! Pour in a 2L of this salty stuff, and heat it up to about 130, and let the sucker simmer with your cooked brats hanging out in it. DELICIOUS. I'm almost jealous that you have this, now. Maybe I should make a salt beer too!

And obligatory +1 breasts. Cmonnnn we know you're reading! :D

YES. Bottle this into 2L bottles and you will have instant brining solution for some of the BEST tasting Chicken and Turkey in the world!!!!

ALSO remember that it's almost tailgating season... and all those bratwursts coming off the grill have to stay warm somehow! Pour in a 2L of this salty stuff, and heat it up to about 130, and let the sucker simmer with your cooked brats hanging out in it. DELICIOUS. I'm almost jealous that you have this, now. Maybe I should make a salt beer too!

No kidding man, I want to make some too. That sounds delicious. Maybe I should go piss my gf off.

my SWMBO would never sabotage my beer. That means less for her to drink.

+1 on exposing the breasteseses

[qute]The Home-Brewed Garbage Beer That Your Buddy Made

So your bored, loser friend got a home-brew kit for Christmas from his parents. Remind me to kick that kid's dad in the nuts next time I see him, because now I have to sample this ****ty lager so that Dennis doesn't cry like a girl.

"Sure Dennis, why rely on educated brewers who know what they're doing to make you beer when you can make your own at home at nine times the cost! I'm sure you're "Dennis' Full Moon Pale Ale" will be well worth the 6 month wait it took for you to make all eight bottles. And no, I'm sure it won't matter that you used salt instead of sugar by accident. Looking forward to it."[/quote]

Someone should kick that guy in the nuts...:D

Or force him to have a tasting of our beers.....WHo the fu@# is he anyway????

Where's the 'Pastor?!

Bless me Father, for I have sinned... it's been almost a month since I did something really stupid............

It probably wont help your beer much but, you can try a little tobasco sauce on your finger..;)

I love this thread, and I want Craig to come tell us what happened. Maybe he and his SWMBO-at-the-time have parted ways, thus giving him the liberty to speak freely!

Measure the gravity. How much did it go up after the salt addition?
Marine aquarium keepers use hydrometers too. Something like 1/2cup of salt mix per gallon yields 1.024 SG, but it takes some circulation to get that to dissolve, but I'm betting most if not all of 2 cups dissolved in 5g.

Measure the gravity. How much did it go up after the salt addition?
Marine aquarium keepers use hydrometers too. Something like 1/2cup of salt mix per gallon yields 1.024 SG, but it takes some circulation to get that to dissolve, but I'm betting most if not all of 2 cups dissolved in 5g.

The OP was from almost 2 years ago. I doubt he still has it hanging around now.

I think ChshreCat was referring to the beer itself. ;) But yes, let's have an update (and a confession!)

I love this thread, and I want Craig to come tell us what happened. Maybe he and his SWMBO-at-the-time have parted ways, thus giving him the liberty to speak freely!

Haha. Nope, we didn't part ways. I used the beer for cooking/marinating and it did a fine job! And, yes, it is long gone now. Many batches since and no salt incidents to speak of. :mug:

Haha. Nope, we didn't part ways. I used the beer for cooking/marinating and it did a fine job! And, yes, it is long gone now. Many batches since and no salt incidents to speak of. :mug:

Great that you are still around, I remember this thread back when the incident happened :)

So... now... I think the big question is... what did you do to make her so mad?

What a fun thread! I'm with Jason_Merrit about feeling jipped for 12 pages and no story!

...I do have a great carnitas recipe now though!

Back