Chest Freezer Size... For Sanke Keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

USMC_Brewer

Reaction score
Well I've been looking around on the forums and I made a trip to Lowes today but I still cant find a good size chest freezer. A friend of mine is about to get out of the Marines and I am going to build a Keezer for him. I was wondering if anybody could give me the measurements of the inside of some freezers. I know holiday freezers are to small width wise but I was wondering about Whirlpool or GE. If anybody has any of these freezers I would greatly appreciate the help. I am looking for it to hold at least one but I would be much happier if it could hold two. I was thinking about putting one on the hump inside the freezer so if you could give me the measurement up to the hump and then the length of the hump it would help.

Thanks for the help

Unless they changed the design, the 5.0 cu ft Holiday can hold three cornies and a #5 CO2 tank. Because that's what I've got. I put a collar on mine, but there is plenty of clearance without it if you prefer a tower.

Can't help with freezer sizes. If planning to put a sanke on the hump, keep in mind that you need 4"-5" clearance above the keg for the coupler, which could require a really tall collar. You can get low profile couplers so that the clearance requirements are similar to cornies, but they're expensive and a PIA to use.

Are you talking about 5 gallon sankes? they are about the same dimensions as cornys, so check out the sizing your chest freezer sticky. Hopefully your not talking about half barrel kegs, I can't image lifting those into a chest freezer.

Im talking about the 1/2 barrel. I have a keezer and Ive lifted one into it. Its not that bad as long as you have 2 people to help.

Thanks for all the help so far. If anyone has any more measurements Id appreciate you posting them

Here are your standard keg sizes w & w/o couplers

kegsizes.png

Back