Magic Man Pale Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This was inspired by Evan!'s Sweet Baby Jesus Pale Ale

8 lbs 2-row
2 lbs victory
0.5 lbs 60L
0.5 lbs Munich

1.5 oz Centennial 60 min
0.5 oz Centennial 20 min
0.5 oz Cascade 10 min
0.5 oz Cascade 5 min
0.5 oz Cascade 2 min
0.5 oz Cascade 0 min

Brewed this up tonight with Notty, and I'm thinking it shall be good!

That's a ton of Victory malt. Let us know how it turns out. I used 0.75 in a Pale Ale and it was quite noticeable. I would think it taste like liquid bread crust with that much.

I'll post back with the results, and I know that it's a ton of Victory...I've been in a victory mood lately!! I'm hoping the 4 oz of hops will create a nice balance

Victory isn't as pungent here as you might think. The hops push it into the background. Sure, with, say, a special bitter you might start to get overwhelmed by that much, but in my experience, this amount is perfect, and is balanced nicely by the hops.

just racked this tonight to clear for a bit (although it's ready to bottle I guess). tasted the hydro sample (now at 1.011) and I must say this will be a very good - yet somewhat different APA (or something).

Very good front and back hops - a little malty, and a little "bready" -- me thinks I'll like this -- thanks Evan! for the inspiration!

Have been tasting some of this stuff now and the results are kinda mixed. It's different, but in a good way. It's like a nice pale with some different character, not body; not clean and crisp like other pales I've made - but still good.

This beer is getting better and better with time! Nice balanced hop flavor, unique body with that abundance of victory. I like this one!

Thanks again Evan! for the inspiration.

Back