Show Us Your Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the thin ribbon-type label vertical down the bottle. Rather original. What's holding it on, wax? If so, how do you do the custom image?

Milk! surprisingly enough... i saw a post here about using milk to hold on labels, been doing it ever since.
As for the image, it was just me... bored... at work with microsoft paint :mug:

bardsbest.png

classicmead.png

I'm still working on the label that I'm going to actually be using but here are a few ideas I've been toying around with.

127259672_640.jpg

I started brewing in San Francisco but now I'm living in Hawaii so my surfing 49er needs to be changed a little bit..mainly replacing the golden gate bridge in the background.:mug:

167907_187085944649191_100000433604946_585033_1654013_n.jpg

hbtlabel.jpg

watermark.jpg

EVAC.jpg

After two days of scrolling through this thread and seeing some really awesome labels I figured I would post up my first attempts at labels. I don't have a lick of experience with graphics at all but am having fun learning both GIMP and Inkscape. So hopefully my skills will improve.

Feedback is welcome.

Drunken_Irish_Red_Ale_Label.jpg

Stolen_Nut_Brown_Ale_Label.jpg

Haven't posted anything in here for quite some time. I've done some commercial labels recently and haven't had time to brew really. I did manage to bottle a batch of cider from last fall that's been aging very nicely. Here's the label for the batch. Just something quick and easy....

CiderLabel_zpseea6ef94.jpg

These are some great labels, one of these days I will get together with my buddy who's a PS whiz to help with creating some labels.

After two days of scrolling through this thread and seeing some really awesome labels I figured I would post up my first attempts at labels. I don't have a lick of experience with graphics at all but am having fun learning both GIMP and Inkscape. So hopefully my skills will improve.

Feedback is welcome.

Looks good! I have a love/hate relationship with GIMP sometimes its easier to do what I want, other times i realize i have spent and hour and accomplished nothing! It gets smoother and quicker :) Love the ice age squirrel

Looks good! I have a love/hate relationship with GIMP sometimes its easier to do what I want, other times i realize i have spent and hour and accomplished nothing! It gets smoother and quicker :) Love the ice age squirrel

The first label took me about 3 hours just to figure out how to do the simple things between Inkscape and GIMP. The second label went much smoother becuase I had the base of what I wanted to do but still took me 2 hours or so just to get it look the way I wanted.

I still find myself looking at everyone else's label and thinking I can still improve mine. The nice thing is that I forsee brewing and label making well into my future so hopefully I can continue to improve both of them. :mug:

Just a beginner, feedback welcome. Name is a little corny but I tried. This is my first Irish Stout attempt.

image-342931552.jpg

BT1npt_B6vsWDyRtEBOtIh4gyZofLmeXLDgiCIl6S5A

My five brews that I have labeled this year. The first was my black IPA, got my girlfriend to draw the pig she likes to doodle and then reversed colors, the rest look familiar probably because they are from Beer Labelizer (the second one was cut from it because the labels were too small).

Nothing fancy here. Made this label for a milk stout I'm giving out (instead of cigars) for the birth of my daughter.

View attachment 144823

Congrats on a nice label and your upcoming bundle of joy. TIP: Increase the base grain on your next batch. GOAL: Insure daddy's "milk" will induce 2 hours sleep per bottle just like Aubree's will for her. :mug:

My wife made this label for my amber ale. Oakley was known as 4 mile at one point and the train station in the picture had that name. Oakley Park was the name of the horse track that resided in Oakley late 1800's early 1900's. The 2nd label is one my Dad made and shows the Oakley Park race course in the background.

four Mile Label.jpg

Trifeqta IPA.jpg

part16john said:
My wife made this label for my amber ale. Oakley was known as 4 mile at one point and the train station in the picture had that name. Oakley Park was the name of the horse track that resided in Oakley late 1800's early 1900's.

That's awesome

Here is a label I threw together for a grolsch clone that I bottled today.

Designed the label for 9 re-uses. That is probably a little optimistic, but we will see how we go

And on the bottles:

Man, that label is SWEET!! Big fan here!

Here's an updated label I'll be using. The bottle labels aren't the finished product; they were printed on an inkjet on normal paper and applied with a glue stick.

BEERLABEL_Page_1_zpsa41a1239.jpg

BEERLABEL_Page_2_zps7742e99e.jpg

20130902_162849_zpsd63ce289.jpg

20130902_162855_zps3e007c17.jpg

Color is also off after the uploads, but oh well.

Working to incorporate this into a label with QR code and link to SurveyMonkey poll to get customer feedback on the brews.

IMG_0725.jpg

IMG_0727.jpg

This is my first effort at making a label, I used Inkscape, I have since made a few more, I am learning the program, hours at a time:)

rect3224.png

Back